Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[0.6.3.BB14BD] [DS?] Tools automatically unequip

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by gesp_shad, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Howdy,

Sometimes, when you try to equip a tool, it immediately unequips again. I have no reliable repro for it, but it seems mostly to happen with torches and ropes and usually right after you connected to a server, but also, more rarely mid-game.
    I am also not sure if this is only a thing on servers, but to fix it you'd have either dump the tool in a chest or whatever and put it back in your inventory or equip a different tool; just remapping it to the toolbar does not work.

Cheers

2. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

yep noticed this too on few ocassions

3. I23I7 ME Tester

Thanks for the report we will keep an eye out for this one.

4. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I can almost always get it to occur by holding the torch, then immediately equipping a hammer or stone axe. Then unequip the axe (and torch) by pressing ~ or 0. Then grab the torch again. It flickers on and then off.

You can also do it by grabbing the torch, then also hold the stone axe, then press unequip all with ~. Then grab the torch again.

It happens less often the more research you do (I think). So it would be very early game for sure.

5. Eriks Trainee Engineer

If you pull something like a cart or so with rope, then try equip torch it will just unquip. So you have to equip something else like a hammer then you can try the torch. Happens all the time after pulling something!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. C3ntron Trainee Engineer

I feel it's quite random. no 100% reproduction.
    Generally i solve it by:
    • trying to equip something else then the tool I want > that tool will equip. Then select again the tool you wanted to use
    • or by droppnig the tool from inventory and picking it up again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I haven't seen this problem with any other handheld item except the torch - it will automatically unequip.

8. B1ackBoX Trainee Engineer

Lately I've got similar issues when equiping hammer axe or showel, after placing a block. the tools just auto-unequips, need to select to hold another block then the one I placed in hand first, then it allows me to select the tool... but it's not a persistent error, it randomly happens

9. I23I7 ME Tester

Well still trying to find a good repro for this issue but it does not seem to be happening anymore on our internal branch.

10. B33J Trainee Engineer

I am adding my +1 that this happens to me as described by the OP, but with my hammer. My workaround is to select another tool, and then re-select my hammer. It doesn't matter which toolbar my hammer is in. I'm guessing it's some disconnect between the server and client.

11. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I can also reproduce this by holding just the torch and exiting the instance then joining back in. The torch won't be equipped and when you try, it just flickers off. You have to equip something else before the torch will stay equipped.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.