Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.107 - GAME CANNOT START ("Unsupported graphics card" false error)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tigerstripe, Nov 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Went to start the game today, and found it flashing black over the menu and resetting the mouse location to the center of the screen constantly.

With great difficulty, I managed to change graphics settings back to DX9, in the hope that would help.
    It didn't. The next time I tried to run the game, it crashed and said my graphics card (an XFX R9 280X by AMD) was not supported.

Keen... WHAT THE HELL!!!! Not Supported?!?!?!?! I've got one of the best cards on the market, and it was fully supported TWO DAYS AGO!!!!

2. MajorTom Apprentice Engineer

Have you updated your drivers?

3. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Old_Multiplayer beta version crashes with the same "Unsupported graphics card" message, and did not say anything about sending an error log to Keen.
    Totally locked out of the game, no matter what I do. Very sad, and also quite angry now.

Drivers are automatically updated by the Raptr application, and have not been changed in the past few days. Current version is AMD Catalyst driver 15.7.1

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  4. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

These were not easy for me to find... but I hope they help Keen fix this issue as soon as possible, and I really hope Keen pushes out a hotfix for this whopper bug before next Thursday.
    The old_multiplayer beta version spat the same error as 1.107 did, so I opted out again to make these logs with a fully updated 1.107 version.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  5. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Don`t know if it will help, but try this:

1 - See if you can deactivate or update the integrated graphics.
    2 - using more then one screen? Try to use only one.

6. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

1 - I don't understand this at all. Are you suggesting I replace my brand-new graphics card?

2 - Tried this, and the game started fine. Undid it, and the game still started fine. Maybe the issue fixed itself when I shut down the computer last night? Freaky, man...
    Well, glad it's working again. That was scary though... and I hope my log files help Keen figure out why it happened and make sure that doesn 't happen to anyone else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Humm interesting, and good to know. Well, have a nice game. =)

8. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Indeed.

I'm just hoping Keen doesn't ignore this issue entirely, now that it fixed itself for me. Someone else could have the same problem too, and it really should not have happened in the first place. Keen should investigate it as intently any other critical crash bug, and try to make sure it doesn't happen in the future. Planets are nice and exciting and all, but a serious bug that crashes the program when trying to launch... that totally eclipses any new feature in importance.

9. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

The issue occurred due to DirectX for some reason defaulting to your onboard video card instead of your addon video card.

10. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

But... as far as I know, my motherboard doesn't have a built-in graphics card. It's an Asus Z87-Pro.

11. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

This bit here in your log file would be the onboard video.

12. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

I think the "HD 4600" is an emergency backup graphics card I had to use several months ago, when my main card died. It hasn't been connected since I got a replacement R9 280X.

13. Takashimaru Trainee Engineer

You have an i7 4770k cpu the HD 4600 is built into it, you might of had a minor glitch in your computer and restarting it fixed it, at least that is what I think.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.