Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Antenna if broadcast received ? (Answered on Discord)

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by fakeplastictrunk, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. fakeplastictrunk Trainee Engineer

Hello wise programmers. Just getting my feet wet into some programming here. Figure Space Engineers is my favorite game in the world, and I can have fun learning and reap some of the gratification from spending time programming through enjoying the game even more.

So my question is: Can I have an antenna switch from broadcast off to broadcast on under the circumstance that it detects a signal from another antenna even if said signal is a neutral or enemy antenna/beacon?

Lot's of uses here, but if an array were in broadcast off mode and distant, and say you wanted to save power or have some concealment (or both) and an antenna which you did have routine access to was kept to broadcast off until necessary, you could switch the broadcast on with the accessible antenna and all your other antennas in the relay would detect the original antenna broadcasting, and in turn turn their broadcasting on. Maybe you could send some drones autopiloting areas of suspected enemy activity with the goal to detect a beacon or antenna signal. When you found a signal, the antenna would switch broadcast on giving you some register of their location on the hud. You could get more details by having the Antenna Drone record the location it was at when the signal was detected (i.e. enemy beacon set to 3km and drone gets within that range and pops on for a few seconds sending it's gps coord via IGC to a listening antenna at a base).

Maybe IsWorking { get; } ?

probably not

Maybe they could turn broadcast on with CheckConnectionAllowed

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Should share your answer you got on Discord for those that just see this Thread. :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.