Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Atmospheric ships accellerating port when hovering

Discussion in 'Survival' started by SchlauFuchs, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SchlauFuchs Trainee Engineer

Hi,

I just used my Xmas break for some time waste on Space engineers. Its more than a year I played it. I started a new game on "Earth" which came with a small base that i use. On that base were a miner and a fighter ship. I used that miner now, but it has a tendency to gently accelerate port (left). I also tried with a blueprint and had the ship doing that. crashed both of them, repaired them, they still do that. Even empty. Any suggestions?

2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Usually when that happens to me it means a sticky key. Lately I have been using an Xbox controller. Sometimes after they get old they may get a bit out of whack. Adjustments can be made in settings. Otherwise, there is nothing going on in the game that would cause this.

3. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

Every once in a while I find myself drifting in a random direction. Saving, quitting, and then reloading typically fixes this. I very rarely leave a vehicle hovering all by itself, unless I accidentally hit the "E" key while in the cockpit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I didn't notice earlier, but you should not expect a ship in gravity to hold its position. If not perfectly level, which is usually the case, your ship will drift.

5. Mollymawk Trainee Engineer

I use a gravity align script for anything left hovering, its turned on as soon as the craft is not controlled or piloted. really helps on craft where the down thrusts are the only ones intended for lift, allowing me to use fewer thrusts in other directions. this stops drifting most times for me.

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Also, any connected subgrids (i.e., rotors, pistons, and/or ships) will cause instability with a ship in an atmosphere, i.e., the ship will refuse to hover, but instead will start dropping at a constant velocity. As Yoda says, "Very much this sucks it does."

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.