Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Autogenerated API index

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by Malware, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Malware Master Engineer

This index contains all types and members available to ingame scripting - with exception to the .NET types, because including those would have made the listing far too big. There will be links to Microsoft's own documentation for those types where appropriate.

https://github.com/malware-dev/MDK-SE/wiki/Api-Index

• Like Like x 2
  2. Malware Master Engineer

Finally updated for the latest release. Sorry for the slight delay, there were some technical issues with my generator this time :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Hi your index seems to be missing the API's for the new blocks such as the Hydrogen Engine and the Wind Turbine.

4. Malware Master Engineer

It's autogenerated. They're not there - because they do not exist.

5. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

No API for them yet?

6. Malware Master Engineer

Afraid not. And given Keen's current view of the programmable block I'm not really expecting that to change. I hope I'm wrong but doubt it.

7. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Well that is worrying, I sincerely hope they realize that the ability to write and code in a multiplayer is a big draw card for a lot of players. Without it this game would be just another lego game set in space with a few weapons in it.

8. Malware Master Engineer

@Bullet_Force Unlikely. Too many security and performance issues, would require a complete rewrite to fix. That's why it's in experimental mode and likely to stay there. Add to that that only a very few players actually write scripts... and we end up at the bottom of the priority list.

9. Kehvan Trainee Engineer

So, what you're effectively saying is Keen isn't likely to give us the properties and actions for MyIntergridCommunicationsystem.

That's just great.

10. Malware Master Engineer

Sorry? The Igc already has full pb support. That's what it is. It's why it was made.

Properties and actions are for the most part obsolete. You shouldn't use them as long as there are proper interface members, only as fallback when there's no other option. Orders of magnitude faster. No, there won't be any such thing because it would be a terrible idea.