Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Barbarians everywhere!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by bleakhead, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    I play on a multiplayer server, which had the barbarians set to 15. I faced, that the spawn rate of the barbarians are ridiculous, if you are try to start from scratch.
    The wiki says clearly where babarians spawn and where.
    Latitude Range Barbarians Spawn?
    -85 to -55 Yes
    -55 to -25 No
    -25 to 25 Yes
    25 to 55 No
    55 to 85 Yes

Its hard to find a place where you can start and expand later on. The main problem is, if the barbarians spawn, then they come not alone. Killing them will result another spawn wave. How to deal with it as a newbie?
    I like the Barbarians, because the give items and a little more action and increase the horror factor, if you build at night or dig holes ^^

2. CptTwinkie Moderator

The barbarians are incredibly dumb at this time and they tend to get really focused on targets. The best advice I can give you is to get better at fighting and build defenses. The last time I started a new world by myself I got wrecked so many times. At least I can say I felt real relief when I finally got my walls built.

3. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

for sure, if I build big wood stairs around my base, they will not attack be and they will not destroy them. The pathfinding is at this point not on its best. Yes I can use this for my advantage, but ist looks not quiet good and it is on an RP server a nogo ^^

Just to remind, i am not crying "ahh the barbarians hurt me." more is the problem that I cant have a break, because as the first barbarian spawns, they spawn continuously. For sure these guys do not fight as a
    glorious knight. Nope 2 or 3 vs 1 is common.

@CptTwinkie are you guys working on the spawnsystem in future?

4. Cetric Junior Engineer

Since you are God in your world you can give yourself a break by simply switching them off for a while, or permanently, in the world settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

Hello, guys.
    Excuse me, but I´d like to use the opportunity to ask: do the barbarians spawn also in the single-offline player? I´ve started to play ME this week and, so far, it´s my third attempt on wild-survival gameplays (I´m trying different settings to see which ones do please me most) , and so far they have (LUCKLY!) not shown yet.

Thank you!

6. Cetric Junior Engineer

Sure they do. If you "invited" them by enabling them in your game settings. Barbarians are no multiplayer content, so it does not depend on your game being an offline singleplayer or an online multiplayer.
    I think I heard there are regions on the planet where they don't show up, so if you checked them in settings but still they don't show, you might reside in a 'barbarian-free' region. Or you use the water mod and are on some remote island? Suppose they can't swim and have not learnt the art of Piracy yet...

7. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

Oh, yeah, they´re all officially "invited"! And, unfortunately, no water in my game´s map.
    So I´d better let the table set for when the party comes.

"Suppose they can't swim and have not learnt the art of Piracy yet..."
    That would be something to see! :D
    Thank you.
    --- Automerge ---
    Oh, here they are:

http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/index.php?title=Barbarian

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.