Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Bridge Over The River - A Starting Piece for My Civilisation

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by ThePurpleBrickWall, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ThePurpleBrickWall Trainee Engineer

I built this bridge over a river, and intend to use it as a prominent feature of a civilisation I'll be working on. It took me a lot longer than I expected - It collapsed about four times before I worked out a a better way of supporting the bridge.

[​IMG]

You may notice the middle section isn't symmetrical. This is because I rather stupidly didn't have the two ends of the bridge meet up - they were one block off. But I had spent quite a while building the large towers on the end, and didn't want to remove one just to move it along one block. So I had to do some work on the middle section to make the bridge sections join up. In the end I don't really mind the bridge not being symmetrical, it gives it a bit of extra character.

[​IMG]

All the towers have chests for crossbow bolts and supplies for the guardsmen, as well as bronze bells from the ship/water mod for the guardsmen to ring in case of enemy ships being spotted. The two ends of the bridge also have drawbridges, to prevent people from crossing if needed.

[​IMG]

Next up I plan on building around this bridge. The settlement will expand to a town/small city and everything a fully fleshed out civilisation needs will hopefully be present. I look forward to its growth.

[​IMG]
    This last image shows the big support block underwater that holds the bridge up, I made sure to leave enough space for boats to get through.
    [​IMG]

Overall I'm happy with the bridge and I would love some feedback/suggestions.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.