Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

bug with rope and pully

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by time4killroy, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. time4killroy Trainee Engineer

hello i was attempting to make a supply pull from one building to another using a chuck and rope bin system used typically used to pull stock piles up and down and when attached to other side and attempted to pull across it acted simpler to a rubber band and stay suspended in mid air i know that the system was not designed to go horizontal it was designed to go vertical but would be cool if it could. thank you sincerely killroy

2. I23I7 ME Tester

Thanks for the report hopefully some changes to smaller grids will enable to do so.

3. Lupinemaxx Trainee Engineer

I was going to report this myself but after many reviews of you tube videos posted spanning three-some years, it's seems to be something Keen has been dealing with for a long time. It'll get fixed solid eventually.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I23I7 ME Tester

Aye we know about rope behavior being a bit erratic at times.

5. Lupinemaxx Trainee Engineer

You can construct a mechanized tram/trolley system using lockable rope drums for now but you will be limited by the 70m maximum setting of the drum itself. This means short distances and and some transfer of cargo as well as having to be sure to lock one drum and unlock the other before usage. I've tried it, it works. Problem is, you still have the walking to do to insure the locking drums are set properly and you will have to use 'transfer points' for cargo with multiple track lines in a row laid out if you want to extend distance. Although it's still a bit more of a chore than desired, it still has the benefit of moving large cargoes underground and around turns and corners.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.