Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Can part or all of a game class be modified?

Discussion in 'Modding API' started by MrChoke, Jun 14, 2019 at 06:14.

1. MrChoke Trainee Engineer

I am new to the plugin concept with this game. I know it can do a lot of cool stuff like whitelist classes, enable debugging, etc... What if I want to modify or replace the MyRemoteControl class for example. Just wondering if that is possible.

2. Malware Master Engineer

If you're gonna do that anyway, why not just create your own remote control? Seems like the far simpler solution and it should be doable as a pure mod with the right know-how...

Plugins aren't really wide-spread, because they can't be easily shared - and are inherently dangerous since they can do practically anything.

They can replace classes and methods, but it's finicky and bug-prone - and literal hacking. If that's your thing, go for it... but personally I'd find a "legitimate" way.

3. MrChoke Trainee Engineer

You know I guess I could. You mean like a new block altogether. That's going take some research for sure. I don't want to get into any graphics design though. Do we have access to re-use the existing textures?

If you happen to know of a good place to start for this, that would be great. There are so many videos and guides out there that are outdated I don't want to follow old stuff.

UPDATE: So I think I can just re-use/reference the definition: MyObjectBuilder_RemoteControlDefinition. However what I am still missing is how I can associate that to C# code and register that code as a block available for use in-game.

Thanks.
    --- Automerge ---
    So I found some code to follow on how to create a new block. It's a GameLogic object with a customized RemoteControl definition. So ok that part was easy. However, this object is not a MyRemoteControl object. It's Entity is but that doesn't do me any good if I want to change how the remote control itself works. I am still missing something major here.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 14:13