1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Customizable welder area

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by Morse, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Morse

Morse Trainee Engineer

Yesterday I spent the whole day trying out the different shipyard designs. I tried the piston-mounted welders, like in the intro video, I tried the rotating "kebab-style" variant. I tried various combination of some intricately-mounted welders, and timed on-and-off projections. And none of them worked. The only shipyard that was able to reliably construct most of the blueprints was the 3D-printer-style "wall of welders". Then I went to youtube/reddit, and found out that I was not the first one to make this discovery. Only the most primitive and boring shipyard is capable of building the blueprints reliably.

Can this somehow be changed? At least for one of the designs that failed for me (piston-mounted line of welders and the rotating blueprint) I pinpointed the problem to the welder area. Most people complain that it is too small. For me it was actually too big :) The problem was that the welder builds the blocks too close to itself, and during the rotation the newly-built blocks collide with the welder itself. What I suggest is a customization option, that lets to adjust the buildable area, and to disable it closer to the welder's body. Leave only the further half of the area. Or even the further quarter, to be on the safe side. For the automatic shipyards the reach and the radius are not that much of a problem, as it is the reliability, and building the blocks right next to the welder's collision boxes is not the best choice for that.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.