Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dark Mechanicus [Marauder Cockpit Released - Other Cockpit animations fixed!]

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by KhorneSyrup, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. KhorneSyrup Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Gifts from the Dark Gods:

Orb Cockpit
    [​IMG]
    This Cockpit that is shaped like an orb. You sit in it and fly around. And also do stuff in it. >_> <_<

B.U.S. Cockpit
    [​IMG]
    This Cockpit is the B.U.S. Cockpit. Or Battle and Utility Supplemental Cockpit. It is a heavy cockpit designed for use on small ships.

Marauder Cockpit
    [​IMG]

HellBlade Thruster
    [​IMG]
    This is a thruster. >:|

Helm
    [​IMG]
    A Basic Helm. Made out of wood. Don't ask how we acquired the wood. ;)

If you would like to Support my efforts, And hasten releases feel free to donate! Any amount helps and is GREATLY appreciated.

OFFER YOUR SOULS TO THE DARK GODS!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. Shadow_Flux Apprentice Engineer

Looks good so far!

3. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Nice one man, looks cool :).

4. patrickpaul Trainee Engineer

Looks good awesome work

5. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Ohhhh, it's a cockpit!

As a side note: You require this currently for transparency to my knowledge: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/transparency-patcher-update-v0-1-1b-6968529?pid=1283494997#post1283494997

Also, refractions/reflections/whatever are causing huge issues with lower-end pc users. It might be a good idea to avoid it for now. Also, I don't think anyone has gotten custom transparency textures to work without modding the vanilla files/code and in turn affecting vanilla windows.

6. KhorneSyrup Trainee Engineer

Ah, well if Reflections are causing that big of a problem for people than I will refrain. But I did figure out how to get that working so that's good for later.

Also, I have that patcher. It does not work for me.. It gives me a "Something is weird" error. And that is unfornate noone has gotten custom textures working.

Yes. It is Indeed a cockpit!

I have however, encountered another problem. And that is getting my custom textures to apply to this model. Whenever I load it up with CUSTOM textures. It is black. But if I import a vanilla texture from Content, those load in fine.

(Yes, I am saving as a DXT5 And they do have proper alpha channels and whatnot)

I am saving them to my mod folder which is C:/Users/me/appdata/Space Engineers/Mods/Mod folder/Textures/etc So I have noidea what could be going on there.
    I will note however: that when I move My textures to the Games Content folder, and apply them to my model and re-export/compile, it seems less black, and appears shiny.

I don't know if anyone else here is using 3dsmax or not, haven't been able to find anything regarding black textures, unless it was for blender. Which didn't apply to my files.

Anyway, I will persevere. Most of it is UV mapped, But I will be revising the square bits on the sides/back(Currently are conveyors as placeholders) which I haven't decided if I will make a separate mesh from the main capsule or not.

7. DofD Apprentice Engineer

Calls himself dark mechanicus
    Models a cockpit that looks like a tie fighter cockpit :D

I like you :D

8. Embershard Senior Engineer

It sounds like you're having a normals problem. Do you have a normal map? You need a "yourmodel_ns.dds" file.

9. Shadow_Flux Apprentice Engineer

sanchindachi666 and a few others seem to have made glass cooperate, mostly. Have you tried hitting them up yet?

10. KhorneSyrup Trainee Engineer

Yeah, I thought that at first too. Then I made an alpha. But to no avail.
    the normal map does have an alpha channel filled with 898989(ColorHex) and that is also saved as a DXT5.

No Flux, I've not I will make sure to hit them up and see if they actually have custom textures working.. As far as I knew though, they were just using the vanilla window dirt.

Also, DofD.. TECHPRIEST! >: O

11. Embershard Senior Engineer

Make sure all your faces are facing correctly in whatever 3D modeling program you're using.

12. voicesdark Senior Engineer

double check your .xml file to make sure your pathing is correct for the texture and the material, and that you rebuild the .mwm after any changes.

13. KhorneSyrup Trainee Engineer

Hah! thanks dark. I had checked and rechecked and rechecked like 80 times. After you told me to check again, I noticed I had the SLIGHTEST typo in the folder name. Sonofabiscuit.

Any Whey, back on track! one step closer to completion.

14. voicesdark Senior Engineer

First thing in troubleshooting is always check the XML first, then the definition then the actual .fbx

Those are the three biggest trouble spots and usually in that order.

15. H3xx Trainee Engineer

A round cockpit. Awesome. Time for some real tie fighters!

16. Embershard Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

You mean like I've been working on? Taking longer than I wanted, because I needed to learn faster and more efficient modeling techniques.

17. voicesdark Senior Engineer

Hey ember if you were to stand one of those support pylons on it's end how tall are they?

18. Embershard Senior Engineer

Umm, I think it's 1.5 meters. If I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, my dimensions were off on the entire model, so I'm having to go back and rescale and rework things. Finally understand Boolean Unions, so I'm working on getting the cockpit reworked. Why do you ask?

19. voicesdark Senior Engineer

because they looked to be about 1x1x1 and was thinking they'd make great pillars for in mining shafts.

20. Embershard Senior Engineer

They're 1x1x3 small blocks.

21. Captaindan Apprentice Engineer

A tie-fighter cockpit <3 <3

22. voicesdark Senior Engineer

See this is why it should be illegal for landlords to not supply working air conditioners, for some reason I kept thinking those were large blocks, not small.

23. Embershard Senior Engineer

I could make a large block support for mines and such, but you'll need to give me a few. Although, what's in game already can be used for mines.

24. voicesdark Senior Engineer

true, but the current pillar looks "dainty" not something more strong and industrial like it should be.

25. Ian Stenzel Trainee Engineer

No gravity though, what would the pillars be supporting?
    Ever read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"? the pressurization is most likely enough force to keep the tunnels from crumbling, since they wouldnt really collapse.

26. voicesdark Senior Engineer

Because reaction thrusters (dampers in game) are inefficient, so if there's a technology like the gravity generators that could an artificial gravity field and if the area was able to have atmosphere generators, then you'd run into the same stability problems as on Earth. Even if you were using a system that could prevent more critical collapses, you're still using a metal bit to crack stones/ores, so you'll still have the possibilities of possible large chunks falling, not to mention if you're mining a large enough area with some sort of artificial gravity field you're going to eventually need some sort of heavy strength scaffolding system in place.
    ----
    No never read it, but i'm always on the look out for a good book to read so I'll definitely have to check it out.

27. KhorneSyrup Trainee Engineer

Sorry for the late update. Been busy with work ._.

Anywhey, I decided to revise quite a bit. take it a slightly different direction that would make more sense in SE

[​IMG]

Probably won't be able to do much on it tomorrow(Today o_O), Moar work and then immediately heading to see my recruiter. But I might. But I probably won't. But there's a possibility I could.

28. voicesdark Senior Engineer

That's looking really good.

29. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Nice, this could probably used in other craft too, not only tie fighters :D.

30. GalaxyMeridian Apprentice Engineer

I really like how this one is coming along!
    Also, it's great to see blocks which fits into the SE style, doesn't have to be perfect StarWars orthodoxy.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.