Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dedicated server not starting

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by KouDy, Jul 30, 2020 at 18:13.

1. KouDy Trainee Engineer

Hello all,
    on and off again for past 2 days i am trying to figure out how to resolve dedicated server not starting with message "Error binding server endpoint: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted."

So far i made sure correct port is forwarded on the router to the destination machine (both TCP and UDP).
    I made inbound rule in Windows firewall for the port for both TCP and UDP.
    I tried different ports just to prevent some accidental other services (altho i shouldn't really be running anything right now).

Host machine is Windows 10 VM (2CPUs and 6GB RAM) hosted on Fedora 32 as main OS.

2. KouDy Trainee Engineer

Fixed it be reinstalling .NET and C++ packages.

3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Glad you fixed it @KouDy our server that we use had same issue and what we had to do as well, was going to post that but no need now :)