1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Feelings over the Game Start Up Music

Discussion in 'General' started by RkyMtnDude, Aug 16, 2020 at 22:00.

1. RkyMtnDude

RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

Ok... FIrst. I am not advocating for new Game Start Up music but I would not be unhappy if:

A: I could find a setting that canceled its output
    B: That it was a different tune

So far, everytime I hear it I envision a dark, deep, underground, and very lonely lair with a solo Engineer sitting behind a massive pipe organ plotting their revenge on other players. (think Phantom of the Opera)... <<--- what does this say about me?

Anyway, just a little bored and thought I would start a thread and see if it generated thought on this or at least some comical responses. Have a good gaming day!

2. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I just skip over all the intro, which leaves me with a blank screen until the menu loads.

3. RkyMtnDude

Yep Yep.... Most assuredly that is what I do most of the time. Though, sometimes I will fire it up and walk away to the kitchen. It's pretty loud sometimes so it gets my attention, hence the thought of "Phantom of the Opera". Mainly, I really don't have a real issue with it. Sometimes though, I step away and it blares across my house when I am trying to wind down.. so while not a real deal, it would be nice to be able to kill start up music overall. But yeah, we really don't need a on/off option for EVERYTHING in SE.. LOL.
    But once again, it was mainly me just being goofy so I posted to see how people would react.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

Is there a way to make it not appear at all, just have it start up at the main menu?

5. Malware

Malware Master Engineer

Add
    Code:
    -nosplash -skipintro
    to the Steam launch options. Removes both the splash screen and the intro.

(ps, I'm hoping I'm remembering the correct arguments as I'm at work and can't doublecheck... :p )

• Like Like x 3
  6. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Go to Space Engineers in Steam, click on the gear at the far right entitled "Manage", the click "Properties." About halfway down the Properties page click on "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." STick this in: "-skipintro -nosplash" (without the quotes. You're golden. (Kudos to @Roxette for this little jewel.)

• Like Like x 3
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RkyMtnDude

Perfect... One thing about a techie nerdy game... Lotsa folks who know their crap! Thanks alot!!!