Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Finding Monoliths in Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Survival' started by bleakhead, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    the Achievement Monolith says:
    Get within 5 meter radius of the monolith. *Monoliths have to be in the world on loading time.

To find a monolith seems quiet difficult, because he can be on every planet, right? Maybe he is under the surface.
    So in the survival mode it seems very hard to find him. So are there some hints? I do not want to know the Coords or something, because I wanna find him ^^ but where should I start to search? Or better, when do I know, if a monolith was loaded into a world?
    ("When you found him" is not the best answer for the last question)

2. domingo Trainee Engineer

It is hand-placed on Mars-like planet ... and the location literally screams "there might be something".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

thanks domingo! this is the answer I am looking for. I will heads up for that!

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

This whole time I thought the monolith spawned on the moon. I would have spent forever trying different worlds to load into to find it. :)

5. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

I found him. I forgot a very important thing. I always play in the sun system. You can walk to the position of the Monolith and you get the strange sounds but he is not there.

Important: Choose easy start on mars or easy start on moon. This solved the problem very quickly.

6. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

There is a Monolith on every easy start world, not just easy mars. Easy start worlds includes every structure, planet and feature that is in the game. Solar system start have just planets and nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Oh @Oskar1101, is this new? Because I tested some last year the moon start and I am sure I was not able to see the Mars. Maybe the chevron was not right.
    So big thanks! So now I am able to create a kind of "dead space story mode" in space engineers. Wonderful, I love it!

8. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

It's not new. Last year there was a bug with rendering planets further away(it's still there for multiplayer but only in some conditions). Easy start worlds always had all planets, all pirate bases on them, Monolith and other hidden structures on planets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AlfieUK4 Trainee Engineer

The Monolith is on Mars, the Moon has something the same but called a Stereolith. As Oskar said both are present in any of the Easy Start 'XYZ' maps but not in the Star System map.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Personally, I prefer a xenolith. They are more interesting, you know.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. AlfieUK4 Trainee Engineer

Xenolith for the Alien planet, then. Do you think it's too late to suggest this for the gameplay/survival update ? :p

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  12. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, we're way past that.

13. Lt_Blackmist Trainee Engineer

This is so disheartening to find, having spent several days creating a strong survival world "with meteors and AI animals" on a starsystem world. To find that you can't get the achievement on there and are forced to play an easier version feels like we aren't allowed to play it with difficulty.

14. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Lt_Blackmist it is only "easier" because they have bases already built. You could swap it to creative use admin tool go to all bases and remove them and you can add all the settings you currently have go back to survival and you basically will have the solar system map.

15. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Also you can Just spawn, set all block ownership at blue base to pirates and respawn again in lander. Now you have much harder world than solar system start.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.