Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

getting a disconnect vibe from the support.keenswh.com/medievalengineers site

Discussion in 'General' started by ibisgrunk, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

as an example of feeling lonely as a ME fan, the last Under Consideration status in Feedback changed by Keen was 3 months ago: https://support.keenswh.com/medievalengineers/topics/idea/status/1/category/all/sort/new/page/1

same for Considered (Not Planned), 3 months ago...

only 1 reply as Planned and that was 8 months ago...

does Keen still have love for us fans of ME?

remember we get no update status, no definitive roadmap, no real heartbeat on any hotfixes anymore...

looking forward to next update and hope and encourage Keen staff to be more involved in the support forum!
    --- Automerge ---
    just in cast this post doesn't have enough teeth:

https://support.keenswh.com/medievalengineers/topic/playtest-rename-oak-seeds-to-acorns
    <begin paste>
    [playtest] rename oak seeds to acorns
    Copycat80 shared this feedback 2 months ago
    please,
    <end paste>

Keen put the status for this request as Completed

and replied:

<begin paste>
    Medieval Engineers Support ‚óŹ 2 months ago
    Consider it done!
    <end paste>

today there are no acorn seeds i can find in the inventory... so wtf? considered done, completed, all mixed signals coming to the player...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

It could be done, just not implemented yet. Maybe they are still shaping the game to meet the need. ME is much younger than SE and it has taken them years to get some stuff put into SE. Hang in there. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

We had Acorn seeds done when 0.7.1 was actually released.

Did they remove it by accident I wonder?... I also noticed they undid the wooden stairs texture. It was a really nice reddish cider for about two weeks before they dulled it up with a plain and generic wooden one. I don't know who is doing the textures but please stop making them look so banged up. And spruce them up with a little touch of color. Nature is full of color. Wood in ME is so, so, bland and abandoned looking. It really doesn't help the lonely atmosphere in the game. It all feels abandoned.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. boromir Apprentice Engineer

According to a late and dieing out Q&A session done by Xocliw and a Keen Developer back when Deepflame Tim was still on the project: just because a ticket is marked Done or Completed on the support site doesn't mean it's going to be in the next build that gets released to the community. I don't know what's necessary to move the code to released but apparently there's a non-zero task -- according to their development process.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Still may be a while before ME gets more love:

"Keen Software House has continued a process of adaptation and development which we believe will ultimately bring great benefits for Keen Software House, as well as for our community. Rather than having a divided focus and spreading limited resources over multiple projects we are now devoting 100% of our development time to the much anticipated Xbox release of Space Engineers and to continuing the development of Space Engineers for PC."
    ~ January 8, 2020 Marek Rosa

Taken from his blog:
    https://blog.marekrosa.org/2020/01/review-of-2019-plans-for-2020.html

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. boromir Apprentice Engineer

More to the point, I'm sincerely afraid the announcement about future of ME may be that they "can" it (that 100% is pretty clear). First Hellion, now ME? Two awesome games nuked from orbit in the last 5 months. }:-(

7. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

@boromir Hmm, I read the link.

I didn't read anything about ME. Is that what you mean by, that 100% being pretty clear that they "can" it?

I don't think they will can it. They just don't have the manpower to focus on two different games at the same time. Not with that stupid GoodAI project taking up so much garble garble reading time. After they finish up with SE, they will move on to ME and probably start selling some DLC there too just to move the title forward. I don't think they will toss all that work away and just start all over on a voxel builder. There is nothing wrong with the foundation that title has now, mechanically speaking. It's just missing all the bells and whistles SE has.

It doesn't make sense to start all over on a new title instead of continuing where ME left off. Keen love to recycle old code. Miner Wars ships look a lot like Space Engineers ships. I don't think ME is going anywhere. Literally and sadly, figuratively speaking.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I hope you're right. What happened to Hellion is they kicked it out of Early Access before it was finished and walked away from it. No plans to return to finish it up. I'm just afraid Marek does the same thing. The 100% on SE and conveniently leaving it out of his blog announcement for 2020 are just a little too bothersome: seems like he's hiding some bad news. I don't think they'll start over on a new ME.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

Right.

There was no news about ME. I was a little bit irritated with that myself. But considering most of the blog had to do with GoodAI, I am less caring in that regard - seems Marek wanted to talk about what was actually done for the year, and there honestly isn't anything to say about ME other than talk about that 0.7 update where they redid the stone blocks. They didn't do anything with it, other than that.

They mentioned all the updates for SE, and the DLC. It wasn't a big section compared to the stuff about GoodAI, but yeah...they could have mentioned the 0.7 update on ME.

I guess it wasn't worth a mention for Marek. Or they could be saving a later announcement about ME. (They don't have anyone working on the title, so it's kind of hard to talk about plans for the title. Since there aren't any on the table right now, I guess.)

The 'Keen PR guy' in the SE section about Marek's blog said there would be news about ME soon. People complaining in that thread as well that ME didn't get a mention.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i just want some bug fixes, nothing new and we can wait another 2 years... Keen should care enough not to let ME in its buggy current state hang out there in the wind. so the question to the wise here is what, in detail, would it take just to fix what is already in ME? nothing new, not even answering support tickets - i am talking minimum fix.. i dont need deer or barbarians "fixed" but the real stuff like catchblocks, no more death tree branches, maybe stopping damage from running into blocks. hell that is my top 3 - i would accept just catchblocks to see that part of the game come alive again... to fix catchblocks i am guessing give me two full time developers and 3 months... (edit add: fk me, just thought about the thing where anyone can spawn on a claimblock put on top of another block, that might be a better #3) (rethought out days later edit: maybe #1 would be joining a new server not requiring quitting ME and killing the process in windows and rejoining?)

tl;dr what would it take to fix your top 3 issues with ME?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. boromir Apprentice Engineer

For me, it probably would take about 4 developers and a month of cleanup and testing (restore these to original smooth operation): 1) death branches, 2) catch blocks not getting stuck, 3) stay-on torch lights

• Like Like x 1
  12. boromir Apprentice Engineer

end of line.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

reality is that this makes no difference because we are exactly where we were a year ago - however i would like to point out that the game still generates a crash ticket that gets sent to Keen which if not being answered would feel fraudulent to any new players not knowing better... i get no development but does that also mean zero support? because a game released post early access does not mean zero support, just nothing more coming to add... make sense?

14. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I think we'll get the same support people are getting out of Miner Wars. I never played it but my guess is they're getting zero because of other priorities.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.