Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

GridTerminal Event Bus

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by MasterDivine, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MasterDivine Trainee Engineer

I think it'd be great to have an event bus for the GridTerminalSystem, would be callable from both programmable blocks and mods.

Events could be of the form "Block destroyed" over to "Battery fully recharged" to custom events of the like "Battery charged by x%".

The added load on the CPU would be depending on the occurance rate of such events - large grid ship battles would definitely set the running computer on fire, but the added functionality would definitely provide for more fledged out operating systems.

I'm biased simply because I'm currently writing my own little operating system for my mining ship (managed drills which turn off if full cargo and the likes), but I think that there would definitely be uses outside of that.

However, I assume this idea would only be really considered to be worthwile if there's a working prototype to prove my concept.
    Since I have no experience in modding the game itself, would it be possible to use Harmony to hack my way into the respective methods and classes?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.