Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Havok Content tools no longer available, what to do?

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by wantafanta, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. wantafanta Trainee Engineer

ive been trying to figure out the process of getting custom models in the game but the link to the havok content tools redirects me to a site that says its no longer available so how am i supposed to create the collision models when i cant get the tools neccesary to follow the guide. Ive spent over an hour or so on google trying to find a mirror of the link and even through some less legitimate sources but i cant find it so i figure all i can do at this point is ask here.

2. Harag Junior Engineer

I looked around a little bit and it seems Microsoft acquired Havok from Intel. So Intel cannot provide free access to something they no longer own. Why the discontinuation notice doesn't mention that is unclear to me. I found no equivalent offering from Microsoft. Providing a download anywhere else would be illegal until Microsoft says otherwise.

@Drui, is Keen aware of this? Your modding toolchain is effectively broken. :(

3. wantafanta Trainee Engineer

when did they stop distributing it?? seems like i was the first one to realize you cant get the tools any more... sigh. was already making models to be brought in game but i guess that will have to wait until they resolve this and give us an official workaround.

4. Nobodyhasthis Apprentice Engineer

Noticed a while back on a Shaostoul tutorial. Spotted the dead link on Harag's tools page and passed it on. Nobody had a clue what to make of it. Perhaps I should have flagged it up to Harag directly. My bad.
    Thanks for providing us with some background. I asked around for an alternative and it seems the there is no way to continue.

5. JWalker Trainee Engineer

Just when I started developing a mod I have to stop because of this. If anybody finds a solution to the Havok content tools problem please let us know I would hate to see space engineers without any new mods artist, it will hurt the community.

6. Harag Junior Engineer

7. PotatoGolem Apprentice Engineer

Hey All :)

I'm also just starting to really research modding for SE and was wondering if this completely stops mod development, or you can still get stuff in game just without proper collision? ( still researching all the info so i'm a little unclear on the whole workflow and end product requirements )

8. LordChicken Trainee Engineer

From what I understand Microsoft purchased Havok to build it out as some kind of cloud based tool as it tries to get people to game on the cloud. But as with most things Microsoft.... this might not turn out well.

9. mjc4wilton Trainee Engineer

Hmm, I may be able to get this myself as I downloaded a version a long time ago before this transaction, but my HDD then failed because windows didnt want to boot so I had to overwrite it... maybe a previous backup of my drive would have it, but until I am able to get a plan for that I feel I'm stuck and everyone else is too

10. Harag Junior Engineer

I think the bug report I linked to above has a better chance to be recognized as a problem.

11. flash91 Trainee Engineer

I still have all these binaries, many people already downloaded them through me and this forum, so don't loose hope friends ;) Thank you to keenswh forum, so many people can found this message and got tools they looking for :) two years have passed))

12. TodesRitter Moderator

we dont support this:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. flash91 Trainee Engineer

@TodesRitter And what was the reason you deleted my message, only because you have moderator status and you can? This is not an ads, no links, no offtop => so no forum rules violation. No objective reasons. It hangs here for two years an doesn't have any negative effect for anybody here. Thank you for help on keeping game modding community "alive"...

This was a great help for modders, for Skyrim, Fallout 4 and many other games.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.