Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Heavy Cargo/ Heavy Frigate Ship Build Off!!

Discussion in 'Creation Contests' started by DragonCMT, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DragonCMT Trainee Engineer

Why hello there fellow engineers, today i bring you something to do on your free time, or for the competitive people, a contest. If you decide to take up the challenge, say so in the comments. The requirements for this ship are:
    • Capable of space and atmospheric travel. (Hydrogen)
    • Able to carry large amounts of metal or materials for long distances
    • Multiple cargo containers, oxygen generator, hydrogen tanks(obviously)
    • Capable of jump drive travel
    • Hangars for small ships (any size hangar, doesn't matter)
    • Ability to hold at least a crew of 20
    The rest is up to you! Keep in mind, it needs to be a large ship.

2. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

No offence here man, but it isn't really much of a "contest" if you don't put up any kind of reward, what you have here is more of a "Build my ship for me, and i'll judge you on it" while the spirit of the game is to build things like this, many people aren't willing to really invest the time in something like this without reason. I'm not saying that the parameters are bad, infact what you've laid out here is honestly a pretty simple ship and could be used in many cases for a survival game of their own, but if its someone elses specification, it feels more like work, and once again, effort with no potential for any reward aside arbitrary bragging rights, people wont put in the work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DragonCMT Trainee Engineer

I got you. Thanks man. what should be the reward?

4. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

It's not really for me to say, but if you look at the contest below this one I think the first place is a deluxe edition of SE, and some other things that i'm honestly not even sure what they are....

5. Carrion Senior Engineer

sometimes its just the challenge to build something different.

6. Aguycalledhaney Trainee Engineer

I'm a salesman, so I appreciate the pitch for a prize... but with a game that has nearly zero actual gameplay, contests like this are all some people have to work with. If you want a reward wait for someone to offer one.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.