Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help: "deserialize file" wtf?

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by TulliusT, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TulliusT Trainee Engineer

Yesterday, after the patch it seemed to work normal ..
    but then after a restart the server is complaining :
    2018-10-11 02:26:30.511|Main thread> Failed to deserialize file 'C:\gameservers\xxxxxxx\MedievalEngineers\DedicatedServer64\Saves\TheOldWorld\Sandbox.sbc'
    2018-10-11 02:26:30.512|Main thread> This world cannot be loaded. It has been created in a newer version of the game or in a different branch of the game. You can change the branch, before launching the game, in game properties.

What does it mean by "Game branch"?

2. CptTwinkie Moderator

I'm guessing from the path information that this is a rented server. It's possible they had a problem with their update. We haven't had any similar complaints from players in general so I would check with your server provider's support.

3. TulliusT Trainee Engineer

I did. And it turned out, the MedievalEngineersDedicated.exe when running as a service in backround (which seems to be a normal procedure in game-provodin' Data-centres) did save the game with a wrong version entry in the Sandbox file. For reasons beyond my comprehension, it doesn't do that, when running in a separate process-window.

4. CptTwinkie Moderator

Updating the service can fail. Usually all that is needed is to remove and add the service again.

5. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

cant one always edit the sandbox file and manually change the version number to match current? this of course could be horrible if it skips a necessary update, but would allow the world to be loadable? open sandbox.sbc and search for Version number and change?

6. CptTwinkie Moderator

Well, if the service is messed up, I don't recommend using it. It could corrupt your save.

If the save file is the problem then change it but it would be really weird for this number to be wrong.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.