Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Help with custom planet per tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by starmindfr, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Hello following the tutorial on planets modding I tried to remove gold and uranium on earth (default one) and have 2 issues

>> by removing the lines from oremapping only in PlanetGeneratorDefinitions.sbc then restarting full game + adding a new planets of default earth type

- Gold still appear at least on 1 spot that i didnt see first with ship scanner, but rather after going for uranium deep in ground

- Uranium : here i just removed few lines, and made others deeper in ground, then i seems to see all spots but the missings ones give only rocks, and after restart i get others spots working... so obviously the generator was not really using my settings, or partially ? values are still in the PlanetGeneratorDefinitions so its not a save issue.

So should it be enought to delete all the "gold" entry lines in PlanetGeneratorDefinitions.sbc before generating a planets ? Or will it spawn instead uranium lines i removed ? And why did i get theses wrong uranium positions in multiplayers before i restarted game several times ? or will they appear visually and just provide no ore ?

thanks

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.