Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Other How to RP in ME with no in Game Voice Chat and no Typing.

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by MaxTheBuilder, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Well starting my second week of ME and I totally love. This game could be a great Role Play adventure, it has all the things you need to make it a success; combat, building, trade, the ability to identify groups. The only thing missing is in game proximity chat so characters can communicate.

But this can be solved by the use of either Teamspeak3 or Discord. You would need to set up a channel for each Kingdom, within each Kingdom you could set it up as follows:

1. Road Channel (used while traveling on the roads within that Kingdom)

2. Merchants Channels (1 channel for each merchant within that Kingdom)

3. House Channel (1 channel for each location of that house; Main Keep, Outpost 1, Outpost2 etc.)

More channels could be added based on the requirements of the RP Group.

As players move from location to location, they would switch channels to correspond to their location, this would allow real time voice chat for all interactions.

So Bob is a guard at the Great Keep for house Cheese, he is on the House Cheese Great Keep channel where he talks to folks entering the keep. He shift is over and he want to blow off some steam and get a bit to eat. He heads to the Wandering Hands Tavern to get a pint, so as he leave the Great Keep he switches to the Road channel so he can talk to other he meets coming and going along the road. When He get to the Tavern, he switches to its channel so he can talk to the Barkeep, the ladies and the guy who is about to pick a fight with him.

All this is done with a quick and simple click of the mouse, so little to no delays in conversation.

And Yes my dear friends, I am a Role Player.

2. Sinbad Senior Engineer

you could rp as a deaf mute. fairly common in those days I hear.

3. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

4. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

There isn't proximity voice chat in ME? SE does have that.

5. Sinbad Senior Engineer

thats one heck of a gesture animation mod!

6. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

There is proximity voice chat. The default key is U

7. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Oh wow, see learn something new everyday. Thank you.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.