Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Hydrogen thrusters not lifting ship

Discussion in 'Help' started by xHONEY0BADGERx, May 20, 2020.

1. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

I’ve built a small ship it weighs 19122 I have 2 large hyd thrusters and 2 small hyd thrusters for lifting off ground it will not lift anyone know what is wrong all thrusters are working.

2. Calaban Junior Engineer

How many o2/h2 generators? now many tanks?

Theres the matter of "fuel supply" of the gases to run those rockets. A single o2/h2 gen can run about 1.5 of them directly. no way a large one. Need tanks for those (filled up slowly by o2 gens, emptied fast by thrusters)

So- add some tanks is my initial guess. The o2/h2 generator you have lighting up the h2 thrusters is pretty much only doing that- lighting them up- providing thrust needs much more gas.

3. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

I have a hydrogen tank it’s full of hydrogen it’s acting like the ship is to heavy to lift as this is on console I’m not sure if there is a difference from pc I’ve did research on hydrogen thrusters an it seems like to me they should easily lift the ship
    --- Automerge ---
    It should at least lift until the tank empties right?

4. hippybaker Trainee Engineer

Sometimes the hydro tank is set to Stockpile, then it only collects gas, and does not let it out.. maybe that?

5. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

When I turn the thrusters on they light and when pushing to lift sounds like they r trying to lift but do not would they still light if it was on stockpile?

6. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

Are you sure your landing gears are turned on and you've unlocked them? I've made that mistake more than once. Even a single Large hydro thruster pointing towards the ground should be able to lift basically anything that doesn't contain 100k or more Steel plates.

On XBOX, press Y, to unlock the landing gears, then A to lift off. The gears will lock quickly again (in less than 2 seconds) unless you lift off the ground.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  7. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

I made sure they were unlocked unless they lock back before it ever tries to lift I know with 2 large hydrogen thrusters pointed at the ground it should easily lift 18000

8. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

It locks back again after a few seconds

9. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

I’m gonna have to test it to make sure that isn’t the issue but I did turn the thruster power up once and it lifted up but I could not make it go back down without turning the thrusters completely off

10. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

That sounds like your upward thrusters are set on Thruster override. Check if that is not the case. Just natural gravity should be able to bring your ship down very fast if your inertia dampeners are off (LB+Y) .

It's usually not a good idea to use the thruster override settings. Just fly the ship naturally with A moving up, B moving down. Flick the inertia dampeners off when trying to land to conserve fuel.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  11. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

Yea I turned the thruster override up to see if it would lift an that’s when it wouldn’t go back down I’m just trying to figure out y it went up with that but will not lift regularly

12. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

If it does lift up with thruster override I think you're just too slow with the disengaging landing gears and lifting up when trying to do it regularly. Try holding A for lift, and then press Y to unlock the gears. That should do the exact same thing as using thruster overrides.

13. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

That is the next thing I’m gonna try once I get off work I do appreciate the help

14. Calaban Junior Engineer

Landing gear should be non green to show not locked.

Turning them off while locked keeps them locked. FYI

BTW: Hope your having fun being the space engineer here, figuring out why the machine doesnt work as intended :))

15. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

Oh yes it is puzzling I’ve only just started playing so there’s a lot to learn

16. OldSirRiddler Trainee Engineer

If you would add me on XBox Ican take a look a just may be able to help figure it out, it's up you. OldSirRiddler (tag)

17. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

I got it figured out needed some atmospheric thrusters to help lift it with all the hydrogen an ice loaded on it

18. OldSirRiddler Trainee Engineer

Good enjoy and have fun, I am here if Ican help.

19. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

I certainly appreciate it I just made it to space there was a space base there I went to an started fixing some stuff on it an next thing I no ship was destroyed
    --- Automerge ---
    Does anyone know how to use zoom on the little camera that can be attached to the ship on console there’s no point in having it if it can’t be zoomed

20. xHONEY0BADGERx Trainee Engineer

Figured this out LB+RB+ forward/backward on left joystick is camera zoom also works for controlling Gatling turrets as well