Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

I need help with a re-spawn mod

Discussion in 'Modding Guides and Tools' started by EGWolfwood, Mar 11, 2019.

1. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

After having tried the new drop pods, I decided to to make my own planetary re-spawn vehicle. But the mod I've made is not working correctly. The thumbnail won't show up, the title/name isn't showing up correctly, & it only works on the Earth like planet. The tutorial I used is from before the survival update. Any & all help with these issues is greatly appreciated.

Thank You :)

2. vasvadum Apprentice Engineer

Interestingly, I have the same issue with the thumbnail and can't find the proper file to edit to add language versions of the descriptions so that people can add their own languages to my mod. I've already made a successful respawn ship mod that uses all the planets, I came here to ask questions about making it more advanced though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1673499318

3. Vinicius Negrão Trainee Engineer

I'm trying to wrap my head around how everything works. I tried two options: replacing the default ship and adding a new one. But it seems nothing I do is taking an effect, I always end-up re-spawning on the default ship, can someone shine a light on what I might be doing wrong?

Just to clarify, I'm trying to make a custom respawn ship for moons.

And I noticed I also needed localization for the display name, so I also created

4. EGWolfwood Trainee Engineer

I used the following guide on Steam, I hope it helps.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406748833

Here is the code I used for my RespawnShip.sbc file in my mods Data folder.
    ===================================================

--- Automerge ---
    How did you get your Re-spawn ship mod to work on all the planets?
    I'd be very happy for any help you can give.

Thanks ^_^