Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ignore max script length

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by DMOrigin, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DMOrigin Trainee Engineer

Is there a way to remove or ignore the max size of scripts? It would be very helpful, for debugging and testing.

2. Sinus32 Trainee Engineer

I guess not. The current limit is about 98 kB, which sometimes have to be transferred to online clients.
    Try to divide your code into more general methods to decrease amount of repeated code. You can also shorten some names to save some bytes. Also conversion from four spaces into one tab character saves a lot of characters.

3. DMOrigin Trainee Engineer

It's not to release my script. I compress my code with Malware's VS Plugin. That works very fine. But there are two problems. First, all names are crypted. Which make's impossible to read the stack information from an exception. Second, the time to compress can be very long. For my script it's up to 10min. Both makes it hard to fix issues. Therefore I search a way to move around that limit.

4. Malware Master Engineer

5. DMOrigin Trainee Engineer

Thanks, that is exactly what I searched for :) Now I can start to rewrite my inventory scanner to fix the "too complex" exception. Is there a support request for this plugin? It would be nice to have this functionality at the ingame debug panel.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.