Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Independent Head movement

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Mirek, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

Lets have a binding where you can bind a button on the keyboard or mouse, and while you hold that button you can turn characters head independently to look around while walking/running without changing direction of your movement. Arma 3 has it, and it is a huge help in both orientation and situational awarenes.

• Late Late x 1
  2. Calaban Junior Engineer

Hold the alt key...?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

yeah its the alt key you can look up and down without changing your body position but not really the head.
    thats while jetpacking or on foot.

its better in cockpits but your engineer will still stare forwards...oddly enough if you look right up you can ..........see yourself.
    you can see beardy mcbeard face.

4. Yurets Trainee Engineer

Forcedminer, that's ME subforum :D Yet it's true anyway. Also zooming in/out is done with Alt key + mouse wheel

5. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

ALT key is not what i need it only lets me look UP and down in First person. What i want is a true freelook button like Arma 3 has.

So the ALT key suggestion is useless.

6. Yurets Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately I didn't play Arma 3, so I have no idea how it is implemented there. Is it somewhat similar to camera movement in GTA series? It would be nice to see a video, of what exactly you mean, because I don't really see a problem with ALT key...

7. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

Problem with ALT key in ME is, that it work only in 3rd person, and that the head of the character doesnt move. In Arma 3 this frelook works in 1st person, alows onlly so much rotation as turning your head allows in real life and the head of the character rotates as you rotate your wiev, so other players see where you are looking.

But the main problem for me is, that the freelook with the alt key doesnt work in 1st person i ME.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.