1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Is it possible for a block to check if it is in sunlight and in a pressurized space?

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by HoboKnight, Jul 16, 2020.

1. HoboKnight

HoboKnight Trainee Engineer

I have an idea for a farming mod and have been poking around at some of the info available on modding and looking at the source of some workshop mods to see if its possible. It seems like everything I would need can be done, but there are a couple of things I'm not sure of.

I want to have a 'planter' block that would basically be an assembler that assembles food from seeds and water, but would only be able to run when the sun is hitting it and when it is in a pressurized room in order to give the player a reason to build a greenhouse on Mars or airless worlds.

Obviously these properties are available as there are vanilla blocks that access them (solar panels, air vent) but I'm not sure if they would be available to a modded block or how to get those values. Does anyone know if this is possible, or is this idea dead in the water?

2. mojomann71

mojomann71 Senior Engineer

3. HoboKnight

HoboKnight Trainee Engineer

Thanks, I'll try the discord