Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

is the world round?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Steschm, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Steschm Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    I really like ME and right now i am building a rail track from one place (close to the starting point in survival) to where i have an iron ore mine.
    I have dug through a mountain and started to build big stone blocks below my rail tracks to keep them on level. After i have left the mountain i have recognized that my blocks are somehow not straight towards the ground but they are rising. What i mean is that for 100 blocks in one direction i raise one block in high, even when all of them are connected together. My rail track is now spanning over 5 map cells.

Is this normal because of that the world is round and how could i prevent this? Meaning how could i start a new point of blocks to have them aligned to the flat ground instead of getting a more rising degree as further as i come.

BTW it would be great to get the trains fully included in the game and not only as mod.

Thank you!

Br
    Stefan

2. CptTwinkie Moderator

On the one hand, we don't provide gameplay help for mods.

On the other hand, use the bendy rails.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Steschm Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much. I knew that i could use the bendy rails but i was meaning that when building big stone blocks all next to each they are tilting upwards.

I was just supprised that it is recognizeable that the world is really not flat ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. CptTwinkie Moderator

Yeah, the world is round and small (for a planet - more like a small moon size)

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Lies!! The Earth is Flat!!!! (Sorry couldn't help myself!) :woot:

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.