Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

@Keen: Can we get mod access to PropulsionOverride for Suspensions?

Discussion in 'Modding API' started by MrChoke, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MrChoke Trainee Engineer

I see why there are no mods for implementing Vehicle-based AI. It is because we are given no access to PropulsionOverride or SteeringOverride in IMyMotorSuspension. Why is this? We are allowed to modify overrides for thrusters, why not these?

Can this please be given to us? Without it, any ground-based AI modding is impossible (unless we whitelist).

Thanks

2. Malware Master Engineer

3. MrChoke Trainee Engineer

Malware, the IMyMotorSuspension object does not have these properties. But I didn't think about trying to update thru GridTerminalSystem for in-game. I can try. If it works, I need to keep that in mind for other limitations I am seeing. I really think Keen should add this to the interface regardless.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  4. Malware Master Engineer

I know they don't have the properties. I know that very well, because we've been trying to get them to add them for a long time :)

Using terminal properties and -actions are usually discouraged. This is part of the performance recommendations we usually give out to people who want to write ingame scripts. They're orders of magnitude slower than a direct C# member would be, but sometimes they're all we have.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.