1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[Linux] Space Engineers® dedicated server using docker

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Lazalatin, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lazalatin

Lazalatin Trainee Engineer

Hi @All,

I was anxious to release this in the forums, because it is far from finished yet, so... here goes nothing:

A (quite) working Space Engineers® dedicated server docker image

As you can see, I was working on this for a while and it has already some caveats going, but I am trying to work on them wherever I can in my spare time.

As I'd like to keep it briefly here, I suggest that everyone of you which is trying out the docker image himself keeps track of the issues in the project and maybe open one by yourself if your problems differ from the ones described there.

Wherever possible please try to reach me using the github project. If you find your issue not directly related to my docker image, then proceed to discuss it in this thread, as I will add every solution to the projects wiki, if one comes up.

Please refer to the README.md file in the project regarding the requirements to use this docker image.

I will keep this post updated, as long as this project is maintained by myself ;)

2. Malware

Malware Master Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Lazalatin

Thanks for pointing to these. The github project your are mentioning regards more the graphical client rather than a dedicated server, but maybe this will come in handy, when I try to make it possible to use the GUI. (which is not on my roadmap right now)
    I joined the discord channel to reach the not-so-forum-loving people ;)

4. Malware

Malware Master Engineer

@Lazalatin yes, but it's supposedly possible to run the DS as well. Still hearsay on my part though so I can be completely off the mark :p

5. Lazalatin

@Malware Yes, it is possible. As my docker container is designed to prove.
    I run a server mself using this particular container, but its abilities is far from what the DS Software under Windows can do, so this "(quite) working" ;)

I hope I can reach some more enthusiasts on the SE DS under Linux matter to gather more knowledge on how to reach (mostly) full compatibility.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.