Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Faction Lore/Story Lore of the Ceresian Alliance

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by iN5URG3NT, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

It's about time I started this thread :D

This thread is for collecting together all of the lore regarding the Ceresian Alliance, a faction existing within the Phoenix Universe created by @Lord Commissar

"Lore of the Phoenix Republic" can be found here on the forum:
    http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/lore-of-the-phoenix-republic.7356447/

And as a selection of Steam Guides on the workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413136217

This OP will be updated as an overall picture of the Alliance, with a view to creating our own steam guides. I'm posting here so other lore writers can see it and hopefully be inspired to create some stories related to the Ceresian Alliance and also so others can give feed back before we finalize things for the guides.

Ok, first very important point and probably the most confusing part for most people:

THE CERESIAN ECONOMIC UNION IS MY FACTION, THE 5 GREAT HOUSES. NO ONE ELSE IS IN THIS FACTION.

THE CERESIAN ALLIANCE IS OUR FACTION, AND INCLUDES ALL OF US. SMALLER FACTION ARE ALLIED TO MAJOR FACTIONS.

Ok, are we absolutely clear on that point? :D

THIS THREAD IS INTENDED AS A WORK IN PROGRESS. THERE MAY BE ERRORS, OMISSIONS AND LOW QUALITY WRITING. BE CONSTRUCTIVE IN YOUR CRITICISM!

Seriously, I've written more on the Ceresian Alliance than I did on my entire Apprenticeship. If I hear whining, somebody is getting Harbingered :D

Alliance Overview:

The Ceresian Alliance is major faction in the 22nd Century Solar System. It was created so that the independent factions that control the Main Belt and Jupiter Trojans could stand against the aggression of the ESC and also to defend their assets in the outer system from other major factions such as the Phoenix Republic and the Uranian Confederation.

Major Factions:

The Ceresian Economic Union - York, Magoro, Ramirez, Tokugawa, Volkov - @iN5URG3NT
    Eridani Union - @Action Hank
    Amphion Mining Corporation - @Vaskadar

Affiliates:

InfernoTech Industries - York - @PyreStarite
    AdAstra Industries - York, formally Tokugawa - @Trozzo
    Omega System Security - Ramirez - @Obsidian9
    Fox-Die Inc - Volkov - @Dante McFox
    Andromeda Dynamics - Amphion - @Fluffy the Fleshpound

Alliance Locations:

PLANETS, MOONS AND SIGNIFICANT ASTEROIDS

Ceres (Surface): Megacity, clean and well maintained habitation domes, all factions represented, York Homeworld, ITI Home world, major York and ITI settlements, SIM HQ, HS HQ.

Ceres (Underworld): Labyrinthine network of tunnels and caverns dating back to the earliest mining of Ceres, major Magoro and Ramirez settlements, large numbers of civilians, many unlicensed, high crime rate, poor living conditions.

Vesta: Citizen world (York, Magoro), mostly Habitation domes, no mining, Amphion HQ

Pallas: Citizen world (Tokugawa, Volkov), less settlements than others, military training facilities, scientific research, Fox-Die HQ and manufacturing in orbit.

Hygeia: Citizen world (All), mostly Habitation domes, no mining.

Interamnia: Full scale industrial facility (all), major Amphion manufacturing facility.

Juno: ITI Outpost, Mining

Davida: York Test Facility, off limits

Sylvia: OSS HQ and Manufacturing.

Aurora: AAi HQ and Manufacturing.

Jupiter Trojans: Eridani Union

Io: Alliance owned major mining operations, staging point for Europa Campaign.

Europa: Alliance owned ice mining operations, shared with Phoenix Republic, DMZ.

More to come.

INSTALLATIONS

York 1 - Maintained as habitation for York civilians.

York 2 - Damaged in RGB Wars, poorly maintained, home to civillians of all factions, some unlicensed, high crime rate, poor living conditions.

York 3 – Retrofitted as prison colony, currently contains several high profile criminals including Jirou Tokugawa.

Fraternity and Skyfarms (Formally Ascension, York 4) – Magoro Homebase, central processing for skyfarm crops, main source of food in the Belt.

RSS Vengeance (Formally RSS Hugo, York 5) – Ramirez Homebase – Strictly no admittance, top secret.

More to come.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Overview:

The Ceresian Economic Union

Amphion Mining Corporation

Eridani Union

I need finalised versions of lore from some of you. Try to keep to something similar to the format used by Lord Commissar.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Reserved for Illustrations

4. Arcturus Senior Engineer

EDIT: redundant comment removed by poster.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

lol

The PR Illuminati is real

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

the original lore topic regarding Phoenix was posted during a time where the general feel of the RP forum was as a place for text based RP and not so much story-writing. note how there's only three story/lore tagged topics that predate the Phoenix lore within that forum.

Anyways, community creations seemed the most fitting place at the time for user created lore, and no one ever contested that in the year it has been up. things are different now, and that's not really the case anymore. i'd be open to that changing, but there's nothing i can do about it personally as it's a mod's job

all that to say, Surge was just following the trend since our lores are closely related. if a mod wants to move these topics, then by all means go ahead.

7. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Now you mention it, CC is starting to look like the 5URG3 show! Sorry about that old chap, I got a bit keen. No pun intended. :)

Yes, I think this could go in RP. Like LC said, I was just following the trend. @RayvenQ, would you mind moving this thread to RP?

8. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

I am in the assumption that I am having to make-up alot of the lore regarding the defense-of-ceres. Creating the lore necessary has been taking a lot longer than I originally anticipated. I am hitting several bumps of missing information that would have helped my lore generation, like; What kinds of ships Verhoven used? How close did they get to ceres? Did they get on the ground? If you don't have answers to these, I can just continue generating my own answers and the lore will be at my mercy.

Just to make sure Senpai notices...
    ./me pulls out megaphone @iN5URG3NT

9. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

*cough*
    Couple things I am conflicting about with my lore.

First
    I keep on thinking about the govt for ITI. Maybe it can start as something relatable to a Corporatocratic Meritocracy, but it's something I feel that should stay as money tends to lead powerful people down darker paths. I was planning on moving ITI territory to something more of a federal republic or confederacy when it turns something more into a nation or minor civilization, but what saddens me is that Phoenix is already a federal republic and I will need a name for the new spacey nation, and Infernal Republic doesn't sound the most modest. Here is what I have ideas for so far. What I want ITI territories to move towards is a three body govt; the legislative, the counsel/senate, and the populous. I want the legislative to be a body of officials elected by the populace.

The rankings of officials by power and authority should go along the lines of;
    Representative : Elected to represent and govern a county or sub-sector by the people of that area. Focus is for the good of their represented county/sub-sector.
    Governor : Elected to represent and govern a sector by the people of that sector. Authority over all counties/sub-sectors in their sector, focus is the good of the sector.
    Consul/Minister/President : Can't decide if elected by other elected officials or by the total populace as well. Head honcho and their focus is the good of the empire.

All officials are required to be residents of the area they are running for. Another conflict is whether the counsel/senate should be a second body of officials or the counsel is composed of all the governors. Maybe the counsel should be all the governors and the senate should be all the representatives. Maybe I am putting too much on the plates of too few people, maybe not. Checks and balances are just about the same, The Counsel/Senate exists to control the federal reserve (government money) and to make sure the Consul/Minister/President doesn't misbehave. If an official doesn't do a good job governing, then they won't get re-elected by the people when their term expires. I don't want to use the term "President" however as to me it seems unoriginal, overused, and most importantly, too mainstream.

Talking about this, I'm beginning to like the idea of the Counsel and Senate. Counsel is smaller but has initiative after Consul/Minister/President, senate follows up with votes. Officials can be impeached with initiative from the Counsel, followed up with votes from the Senate, one vote each Representative, and the Consul/Minister/President, who's vote is worth (half?) of the Representatives. Consul/Minister/President cannot vote if they are the one getting impeached.

Second
    I wanted IG to have good marine core that deviates from the standard fixation of speed and firepower. Maybe two IG divisions, one that is the fast response division, the other the armored division that comes in behind the FRD and really likes lots of armor. Anyways, I want nice
    heavily armored marines in the front of the boarding parties, so heavy that the wearer needs to be mechanically assisted, like a power suit. Thick enough to make the wearer considerably tougher, but small enough to still fit in ship corridors. A few well known examples...

Why can I not want?

What do you guys think? I'm asking for opinions. I don't want to use the terms president or minister, and consul sounds too much like counsel. Any other words for head honcho?

10. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

if you're looking for political ideas, i suggest looking up other countries and seeing what they've got going on. Phoenix is a mixture between Caldari, Roman Republic, and the UK. Wikipedia can also help you find alternative titles. What you've got seems to work, though i'd need more of the history of your civilization to decide where things go. For example, Phoenix is corporatocratic because it was founded mostly by scientists, engineers, people who make profit off industry and technology. It is meritocratic because it came from a corrupt earth, and a Republic because it suffered under a communist ESC.

Consul works, Praetor if you're looking for something more Roman, Chancellor, High Lord if you feel eloquent, or maybe a unique title you make up.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.