1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Loving the game.

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellsmoke, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Hellsmoke

Hellsmoke Trainee Engineer

So I have been playing Frostbite and am really enjoying the creativity put into some of these structures. I just wanted to say good job to the devs who built all this ,it's amazing. I especially LOVE the forklift and am definitely gonna blueprint that lol. The elevators are awesome as well, there's way too much to go over but it is all really cool.

Also loving the new blocks and skins from the Sparks DLC, hope to see more soon!

• Like Like x 1
  2. mojomann71

mojomann71 Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellsmoke

Nice, thanks for the link! :)

4. Ronin1973

Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I believe that Frostbite was developed by a third-party. I know voices associated with Ball&Chain Gaming are a part of the scenario. But I couldn't readily find any info on who actually put in all that time and work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sarekh

Sarekh Senior Engineer

I am quite sure that this was not done by outsourced forces. The organisational overhead at that point would not justify industry rate payment. Plus with Smokkie and the like they got plenty of inhouse resources to stem the tide.

6. Hellsmoke

Apparently I gave you the wrong impression lol, I can't stand micro-transactions and the like and usually never indulge in them. That said I love building, I play 7 days, Space Engineers, No Man's Sky etc. etc. and because building is my thing and the few dollars literally don't kill me for a few new blocks and skins, I go ahead and throw some support their way because I do want more blocks and I want the game to grow because it has potential.

I don't play many games other than those I named and maybe GTA every now and then who I haven't given a cent since 2013. They are the definition of greed gimping mission payouts to force shark card sales. I wont support that.

This company however at least from what I have seen, listens to players, is hiring and expanding while developing a game I really enjoy playing so why not throw a few bucks their way after 894 hours of entertainment?

Long story short, I'm not a whale lol but I do understand nobody works for free and if they are cool about it and the price is okay-ish, why not?