Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Major CTD/Reboot Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tavenhotep, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tavenhotep Trainee Engineer

Hi Team

Since the last update - whenever i reload ANY world (from a backup or from the main world) , or "continue" , my PC crashes completely -- reboot mode (not just app crash).

This happens right as the world is about to "launch" .. ie just finished loading.
    I have all the latest video and OS updates and drivers.

Here are the log files :

Here is the saved world:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0fs52mg8jjtxwu/TimLand-backup.7z?dl=0

2. CptTwinkie Moderator

Can you add your VRageRender-DirectX11.log as well, please?

3. Tavenhotep Trainee Engineer

Hi There , thanks for the reply

I have already included the VRageRender-DirectXX11.log file -- It is in the above pastebin .. starts at line 536 .... (I labeled the break DX11 log:) .. you can find it from line 538 - 1071

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. CptTwinkie Moderator

Many textures are failing to load. It's a mess. Try a clean driver install.

To clean install NVIDIA drivers after a bad install

If you have tried to install from GeForce Experience the drivers will not be saved in a convenient place. We recommend downloading from https://www.geforce.com/Drivers using the manual search and running the .exe file to extract the files. Exit the installation when you reach the license agreement page.

• Reboot - this is important
    • Open the NVIDIA file store at C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\{VersionNumber}\{WindowsVersion}\International
    • Right click on setup.exe and choose Run as administrator
    • Click Yes on the UAC prompt
    • Choose Custom (Advanced)
    • Check the clean installation box
    • Ensure that you are able to open the NVIDIA control panel and NVIDIA geforce experience applications (if these applications won't open it indicates a failure of the installer)

5. Tavenhotep Trainee Engineer

I had done this already ... blew all the drivers away and installed from fresh. (infact removed all nvidia programs/apps) - prior to submitting this issue.

Basically everytime i try to re-start any world i create (or continue them) .. as soon as the load gets to 100% .. boom .. CTD/Reboot.

6. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Failing texures are common problem and they are not crashing the game. Many people have these in log files and game works ok for them.

7. CptTwinkie Moderator

Thats weird. I don't see this level of texture problems often.

I have had three reports of the game crashing on systems with two video cards. Do you have SLI enabled? ME doesn't support it. Try turning it off. If that doesn't work, try disabling one of the GPUs in device manager.

8. Tavenhotep Trainee Engineer

ok I solved the issue.

I had to re-install the drivers again , in a slightly different manner

I followed your steps above , however I ran the application from the administrator shell (running CMD as admin , then navigating to the specific file , then executing it.)

this seems to have fixed the issue.

thanks !

9. CptTwinkie Moderator

Right-click run as admin didn't work!?

<FacePalm>Microsoft</FacePalm>

Thanks for the info. I'll update the steps accordingly.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.