Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Max Server Backups

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by BPDenverCO, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BPDenverCO Trainee Engineer

was told the default for backups was 5, from this statement in the sandbox file.
    This is controlled by the following variable in the MedievalEngineers-Dedicated.cfg and Sandbox.sbc files:

> <MaxBackupSaves>5</MaxBackupSaves>

i am not finding this statement. do i have to add this statement in order to increase the default of 5 i want like 20
    <MaxBackupSaves>20</MaxBackupSaves>

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. CptTwinkie Moderator

It's strange that you're not seeing it. Are you using a commercial server host or something?

My personal recommendation is to always make your own MedievalEngineers-Dedicated.cfg file locally to see what should be there. For some reason commercial hosts never update their configuration files so we find all kinds of out of date stuff there.

3. BPDenverCO Trainee Engineer

So, yes its a rental server.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. BPDenverCO Trainee Engineer

so yes,the max server backups, does not want to change. it seams the default is 5, as far as the time, it does work, i now have 30 min apart on the back up i have this statement in the config <MaxBackupSaves>20</MaxBackupSaves>

5. CptTwinkie Moderator

MaxBackupSaves uses really straightforward code. It is loaded from Sandbox.sbc. When a save is made the game creates a new backup and then checks to see if there is a higher count of backup folders than what is set for MaxBackupSaves. If you change it in both MedievalEngineers-Dedicated.cfg and Sandbox.sbc, there is no reason that it shouldn't work.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.