Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Mod Review + Ship Build Contest [Finished]

Discussion in 'Creation Contests' started by Ranos, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ranos Trainee Engineer

Hello, Ranos here and welcome to this post. Today I am holding a contest for a new ship to do my mod reviews in. A £100 Steam Gift Card is up for grabs, more details in the video below.

Rules:
    1. Build a large ship that is able to fly on planets and space.
    2. It must have a large hangar for the mod reviews to take place in.
    3. The floor of the hangar must be armour blocks so I can place mod blocks on them.
    4. Other rooms it will need to have: Captians Quarters, Craw Quarters for a mininum of 4, 16 max, mess hall, infermery and bridge. You can have more types of rooms tho.
    5. Must have an assembler, refinery, arc furnace and uranium centrifuge(?) (Mod block), but can have more then just one.
    6. The upload must has "ranos" in the discription or title so I can find it.
    Hangar size requierments:
    • Length: 25-30
    • Width: 20-25
    • Hight: 12-15
    Small hangars for small ships are acceptible.

I'll be judging your entries by the way they look, so the cooler the better.

It's recomended to use this world, for it has all the mods I use, including my old mod review ship, The Isatamoky:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=856953111

Prizes:
    1st: £100 Steam Gift Card
    2nd: £50 Steam Gift Card
    3rd: £25 Steam Gift Card

Entries must be in by 30th April 2017. Winners will be reviled on 10th May 2017

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Ranos Trainee Engineer

There seems to be no entries yet. So still a good chance for any one to claim the prize.

3. Ranos Trainee Engineer

Time is running out. Only 6 days left. "Ranos' Contest" must be in the title or description in order to enter, other wise it will not be counted.

4. Ranos Trainee Engineer

2 days left.

5. Ranos Trainee Engineer

Due to getting 0 entries, I'm going to extend this contest by about a month. You now have until 31 March 2017 to complete your entry.
    I'm extending it because I know there are some people working on one and need just a little more time.

6. Ranos Trainee Engineer

This contest is still ongoing. No entries have been posted yet so there is still a good chance of winning.

7. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

This forum is typically only visited by people when keen themselves announce a competition.

Given that you are not sponsored by Keen people probably consider this to be kinda sketchy and as such don't put any time into it. I'm not sure how but I would suggest trying to get a hold of someone at keen to try and make this an "official" contest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ranos Trainee Engineer

That seems like a good idea. I'll try their discord.

9. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Its not only about contacting keen and make it official, it must looks like official contest.

+ check old contests how did they looks like. I think moust of people really didnt take this seriously when you dont take it seriously too.
    + write all info about contest like text, many people will not understand video specialy not without subtitles ;)
    + make 1-3 places is beter then one big win, moust of people will not like end second and waste time for nothink, atc...
    + more informations about ship then size and say how will you junge it... based on function, appearance, atc... so players know what you are looking for.

There was just to many contests where did someone win with, for example: rendered picture of space engineer it take 5min and people who spend days on constructing ships did lose, atc... So... people are cautious now.

10. Ranos Trainee Engineer

First post updated and deadline extended.

11. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

118+ mods :munch: it will take a while.

12. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Hello Ranos i have questions :
    - Could / should we use following : pistons , rotors , jump drive ?
    - Could you say more about this uranium "centrifuge" i see lots of mods with this name (still loading the 118+ to check if it's inside)
    - Unarmed ships could apply or do you need an heavy armed / armor ?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  13. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Yea, uranium centrifuge is in this 118+ mods + you need mods for interior.

14. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

yes thanks i start to see all that ... its a nice world and pack of mods... will take few days just to understand all theses items :)

15. Ranos Trainee Engineer

Heavy Armour is not recomended but you can use it. It just makes it harder to fly on planets. As for weapons, none are needed, but light defences wouldn't be too bad.
    You can use pistons, rotors and jump drives, there is a mod for a hyper drive. So that may help if the builds get really big.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  16. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Ok thanks will it be possible to have a short review before draw time to see if we are on the good way or really wrong ?

17. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

One other question should this ship be in "survival" mode ? as it will change lots of things if we need to have real power supply for planets landing and takeoff.

Edit : something is wrong with medical rooms in this world ? could not respawn in any place, log speak about mjolnir i beleive its the char armor ?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  18. Ranos Trainee Engineer

I can't really do short reviews on peoples ships before entry because I could be doing it all day and it wouldn't be fair to look at some peoples builds and not others.

It doesn't matter if it's in survival or not, the ship will need to same amout of power to fly. The only benefit of creative mode is that you don't need fuel. No battery only builds will be accepted because I do sometimes switch to survival mode. It depends on the mod being reviewed.

You should be able to spawn on the Isatamocky. It was set to neutral, so it seems odd that you can't spwan on it. The mjolnir armour is a character skin that no longer works, it has animation bugs.

19. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Ok i understand is it ok to put mod "friend only" shared with you ?

and another stupid question i also added conveyor tubes inside hangar ground is it ok of should we keep a full armor block ground ?

yes it was the issue, when using the world you provide we respawn with this bugged armor and could not use medic respawn untill using another armor.

I also see that most of thrusters mods in this world have back thermal exhaust , but no damage generated if build inside ship :) for more real fealing this should be also keep in mind for design

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  20. Ranos Trainee Engineer

I guess you could.

If you're using the armoured conveyers, then that's fine. The Isatamocky have 2 lines of armoured conveyers running though the hangar.

Hmm, I didn't know it was stopping people from respawning.

:woot: I forgot to turn thruster damage back on.

21. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

I have done few quick tests, seems that anyway even with damages on enabled they dont do any damages on the back - heat exhaust so its far less realistic but so they could have all side inside ship with only the flame part out... From that point there is a choice, thrusters inside hull with clean / cool and easy design ou something a little more ugly but far more realistic :)

Seems also something is wrong with landing gears on this world, could not get any light color for lock on them, and the white icon in toolbar make status impossible to read

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  22. Ranos Trainee Engineer

Damage can only be done with the flames, any other exhaust are cosmetic. Also make sure the flame is blue in space and white on planet, they don't work the other way around.

Landing gears are still a little broken. Acts like that in all worlds for me, also there is a mod that adds small landing gear.

23. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Thanks i have checked on "vanilla" the landing gears are working fine and have colors.

About the contest do you have several subscriptions ? and is it ok with the ship added in private with you as friend ?

24. Ranos Trainee Engineer

There may be a few entries. No one have posted their entries yet. As for spwaning it in a world with me, can't do that. You must submit it to the steam work shop.

25. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

I hope you have good graphic card Ranos and love big ships. My ship will test it :clang:

I will join Contest. Im just waiting on last few days with upload + ship is still not complete ( Im making it specialy for this contest. )

26. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Hello Ranos :)

In fact i was suggesting someting else, in order to keep my project "private" it is already on "workshop" but with setting "friends only" so only you could see it, and it's only the ship BP with words "ranos' contest" not a full world.

If you need the full world please confirm as it's not on first post.

27. Ranos Trainee Engineer

I found it ^-^ I had to go to your profile tho. Only the blueprint is needed for entry.

28. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

by the way do you know why it take so long to load this world ? I removed all planets and floating objects, still very very long to load maybe its related to the mods list

29. Ranos Trainee Engineer

It's a combination of your computer and the mods. The number of mods having the biggest effect on loading time.

30. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

Sadly Current patch make that most of custom "doors" are stuck, could hadly pass them ...

edit : even isatamocky doors are stucks, and in fact it's worse with this model, sad as they are cute :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.