Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Modding Wonders?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by doncdxx, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I've been working on creating new planets recently and I'd like to know if it's possible to make new wonders. If so, how?

2. CptTwinkie Moderator

I'm not sure that you can...yet. We've looked into making scenarios moddable and it looks like it's possible. There's a lot going on right now so hopefully, we don't have to put it off until later.

3. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I'll make do without for now, but I'm definitely looking forward to more modding potential (and hopefully some guides).
    Thanks for the reply.

4. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

@doncdxx - what software are you using to edit a planet, thank you ahead of time, wanting to try to terrascape a world...

5. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I'm just doing everything in Gimp. It's not the best program for this specific task, but it's free and I'm poor.
    With my current project, I'm seeing more natural looking results then I expected just from using gradients, noise, color level options, and lots of fine detailing with the smudge tool.

6. CptTwinkie Moderator

I'm not sure what you're expecting from moddable scenarios. They're mostly just saved worlds.

I'm also not sure what guides you're expecting. The complete planet building guide on the wiki isn't enough?

7. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I think I see what you mean and why I couldn't add wonders. I was thinking they were a placed voxel object, similar to surface rocks on SE. If you mean that wonders are tied to the scenario, then I assume that means the wonders are voxel changes in the sandbox sbc files that the normal scenario start with.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

8. CptTwinkie Moderator

That's correct.

9. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

Well shucks. I was hoping to add caves, arches, overhangs and all kinds of stylistic character to the map I'm currently working on. I suppose I still can if I upload the planet and a save file that has changes. I guess I was just expecting it to be more streamlined so I could reuse some cave designs in different parts of the world.

10. CptTwinkie Moderator

For now it's probably easier to just set up a world that way you want it and publish the save to the workshop.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.