Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Official Notice of Hiatus for Modding Space Engineers

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Shaostoul, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

I very much didn't want to come to this decision, but due to my health and financial situation I've had to make it official. There is hope for me to return to modding Space Engineers, but as of now, I have to stop working on modding this lovely game and work on projects that are more likely to help me recover from my present dire financial situation.

I will still be available on the Keen Software House Discord, as well as my own Discord should anyone need help with anything modding related or just wanting to chat. All you have to do is tag me on one of those Discords and I'll respond accordingly. I do have to refrain from helping people from getting the hang of modding Space Engineers, as it can usually take a lot of time to walk people through the process. I can help with small issues that take less than a hour to resolve, but that's about it.

After the Nanowall mod (presently set to friends only, as I don't want to ruin anyone's saves with potential save breaking changes to the mod) is publicly released and the Spotlight Turret mod all fixed up, I'll likely not touch SE modding until my financial situation improves. The project that is going to take all of my focus after that is Project Universe. A science fiction game set far in the future designed to be very different from Space Engineers, as to not interfere with the amazing community that has grown around this game. It'll, in the simplest description possible, be a first person Stardew Valley sort of game heavily focused on community contribution to a greater cause. If you want to know more, click on the "Project Universe" link to go to the GoFundMe where all of the information we have available on the game is presently located.

For more information, please visit my Patreon where I have a video posted, discussing the situation more at length.

Thank you all for an amazing 5 years up to this point. Thank you to Marek Rosa and the entire Keen Software House development team for providing such a fantastic and rewarding experience. You guys really have made a wonderful game and grown such a lovely community around it. I'll never forget what you've done for me and I hope, at the very least, I can include some Easter Eggs in Project Universe, in honor of you guys. I look forward to my future and I hope it includes you all, at least in some capacity.

Thank you again, I love you all,
    Michael "Shaostoul" Boisson

-UPDATE-

I leave you all with two parting gifts to show my appreciation for this amazing community.

The first is the Spotlight Turret mod, a mod that takes rocket turrets, removes their ability to shoot, and turns them into spotlights instead. They have many of the functionality traits of missile turrets, but are still a little buggy.

The second is the Nanowall mod, what we've created is a significant upgrade to my original Force Field mod. Essentially what these are, are hangar doors, but using nanobots as the way of opening and closing the door. We may eventually add more functionality to these that, such as this list of stuff that's already been requested, but we'll not be doing that until later, when I can safely do so. They already have a bunch of options available to you, but I had to cut development time short, as I need to focus on Project Universe.

We'll continue to work on these over the coming months, to make sure that they're fulling functioning and not causing any CTD's, but we'll not be adding more content to them.

Enjoy. <3

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

That's sad to hear Shaostoul, hope things improve soon. You're a great guy, do your best to keep your head up brother!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Take care of yourself and I hope things do improve for you quickly. You have been a great help to so many, more than what most people even know. I would dare say if it were not for you and your tutorials at least 60% of the mods out there would not exist! I know I greatly appreciated your help to me on the Torpedo Parts!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

I leave you all with two parting gifts to show my appreciation for this amazing community.

The first is the Spotlight Turret mod, a mod that takes rocket turrets, removes their ability to shoot, and turns them into spotlights instead. They have many of the functionality traits of missile turrets, but are still a little buggy.

The second is the Nanowall mod, what we've created is a significant upgrade to my original Force Field mod. Essentially what these are, are hangar doors, but using nanobots as the way of opening and closing the door. We may eventually add more functionality to these that, such as this list of stuff that's already been requested, but we'll not be doing that until later, when I can safely do so. They already have a bunch of options available to you, but I had to cut development time short, as I need to focus on Project Universe.

We'll continue to work on these over the coming months, to make sure that they're fulling functioning and not causing any CTD's, but we'll not be adding more content to them.

Enjoy. <3

• Like Like x 2
  5. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Sorry to hear you're in dire straits. I hope you get better health-wise and wish you luck getting financially secure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

Thank you! I'm trying like hell. We're actually already making progress, it's just going to take a while. I'm focusing on 3D models and acquiring funding.