Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Oxygen generators are not producing hydrogen.

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Chillra, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Chillra Trainee Engineer

Oxygen generators are not producing hydrogen.hydrogen tank not filling :(

I have a Hydrogen tank that is directly connected to oxygen generator on the same conveyor network. I have also placed a medium container on the oxygen generator as ive seen this on youtube ,but it still dose nothing when I place ice into oxygen generator so no Hydrogen ..help plz I have screenshot but don't know how to put it on here many thanks chillra

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

theres a whole mess of things that can cause oxygen generators not to produce hydrogen.

-do they both have power? if a hydrogen tank doesn't have power it can't distribute it.
    [commonly used by players to turn off hydrogen thrusters at the source to save on fuel]

-are the ports connected?
    get a hydrogen bottle and place it into the oxygen generator
    now access the hydrogen tank and see if you can collect the hydrogen bottle...if you can they are connected successfully.
    if you can't....they aren't or may not have power.

-do you own both objects?
    a quick way of testing that is seeing can you access both the hydrogen tank and the oxygen generator

-do you have any hydrogen thrusters that may be consuming the hydrogen as its made giving the appearance that the tank is actually empty

if all else fails try to grind away both blocks and rebuilt them.

and if you're looking for a place to put the screenshot try "imgur" click and drag the screenshot onto the site then copy and paste its url here.

3. Chillra Trainee Engineer

OMG ....What a noob I am no power :/ thank you for your help .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

no problem. alot can go wrong in space engineers. :)

5. Chillra Trainee Engineer

DUDE I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION .......how dose the blue print work ..im guessing I can make a blue print of my ship od I can make another the same ..is this possible in survival and if so how ..ive done f10 then ctrl+b then I see that I can add it to clipboard but then what ...any help would be great thank you

6. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

First I'll say something stupid that burned me once. If possible make sure your ship isn't attached to another grid by connector or landing gear before taking a blueprint.

So here's the simplest but less elegant way to use blueprints. I'm assuming small grid.

1) find a good space.
    2) build a new small grid landing gear.
    3) add a projector then 1-4 armor blocks vertically.
    3b) for grids that don't hover add. 1-5 blocks horizontally.
    4) add a reactor and fuel a small reactor.
    5) from the reactor access the projector I the control panel. Select the blueprint and play with the sliders until aligned properly to touch but not overlap what you just built.
    6) weld the projection by hand or wield ship.

P.S.
    More elegant solutions include:
    * rotor instead of gear.
    * use pistons and a bunch of welders to "print" ships

7. Chillra Trainee Engineer

SsilentShadow many thanks bud

8. Chillra Trainee Engineer

guys how can I save a location of some where i.e where sliver is so I can find it again ?

9. Malware Master Engineer

Create a GPS point (look in your suit menu)

10. Chillra Trainee Engineer

how do I accese that menu please ?
    --- Automerge ---
    Found it Sir :O) many thanks .

11. MrKiwi123 Trainee Engineer

Can they change the name from oxygen generator into oxygen extractor or something along those lines because it does not generate oxygen it extracts oxygen and hydrogen from ice.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.