Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Place windmill

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Elsassfrei, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Elsassfrei Trainee Engineer

Hello,

windmill has been added more than one year ago now, and are still so impossible to place. Neither you cannot rotate them, or like now it's in the good orientation, appears white, got all the stuff to build it, and NOTHING happen when I click my mouse. What do I need to do to be able to place it??

[​IMG]

2. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

it looks like you have an extra part coming out before the large Mech Windmill - check the Quest of the windmill it really well illustrates the building method... in game J, search for Mech Windmill quest, and note the necessary height. that last horizontal piece is whats messin' things! imho, will edit this post if wrong...

3. Elsassfrei Trainee Engineer

I also tried with a framed one, it made no difference.
    But I placed a mill on an horizontal piece before, it's always been working so far.

4. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

just checking something - that piece gets placed but needs to be constructed with your hammer, so the white frame says all resources are in your inventory but then one needs to LMB hammer it to complete the construction and then it spins, so sorry if this sounds basic but sometimes i go through this... are you building it after placing it?

5. Elsassfrei Trainee Engineer

Nope that's the problem, I can't place it. When I click the mouse at the moment you can see on the screenshot, nothing happens

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

I suspect the roof. The white may be a lie. Try one block higher or out one more horizontal and see if it 'clears'.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

are there three hovering torch stands in the upper right and behind the mill blades? two going one way and another pointing away?

oh, try to get closer when placing, go up that ladder to the left and place some planks or timbers to get closer? i have had to try placing it repeatedly; and sometimes i have to build a massive timber thingy just to place that last windmill blade large piece. its a pain!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Elsassfrei Trainee Engineer

Well my client is in test version for now, I'll have to test later (or not if the 0.7 comes quick!)

But I also tried to remove the roof, didn't work.

The torches you can see are much higher, and 5 or 6 blocks away, it used to be a lighthouse that collapsed thanks to one f*cking catchblock that exploded...

9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Try kicking it. Kicking something always works!! :) (Trying to add a dose of daily humor!)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.