1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

Question/suggestion regarding detecting ice lakes

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Trevor Chester, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Trevor Chester

Trevor Chester Trainee Engineer

My idea is to fly a drone really high in the air and use raycasting to attempt to find a large area of ground that's perfectly flat (ice lakes). Is something like this even possible? On earth like planets, you can usually find all available resources on an ice lake so something like this could be used to establish a fast start.

2. Trevor Chester

Trevor Chester Trainee Engineer

I realized this is a question that is a result of me mostly playing on creative mode. You can just drop pod into a server until you drop near an ice lake. The drop pods despawn when you spawn in a new one so you don't need to worry about server clutter unless they have strange settings/mods. Perhaps there's a reason to want to do this, but I doubt you could justify the server strain for this purpose alone given the drop pod situation. It's still interesting to think about what you'd have to do to make something like this work though.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.