1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

RAM MKI and MKII using Hinges

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Capt.SkuLL, Jul 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Capt.SkuLL

Capt.SkuLL Apprentice Engineer

Space Engineers Hinges ,ROVERs and Station showcase

New RAM ( Rover Atmospheric Miner ) versions MKI and MKII
    both uses Hinges to turn the drills to the middle a little bit because the drills tend to leave dirt in the middle.
    im trying to make the Station ORE Loading Connector connect to different rovers with different Connector heights and it have it able to rotate to connect IN and OUT of the station.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I tried to use hinges with four large-grid drills attached (a fold-away sort of approach), but the hinges weren't strong enough to lift the empty drills, even when I dialed the suckers all the way up. Rotors have the same problem. Both work really well for small-grid designs, but don't scale up very well for large-grid applications. At least, that's been my experience with them.

3. Capt.SkuLL

Capt.SkuLL Apprentice Engineer

i haven't tried large rotors ... but on small grids i find that the advance rotor have more torque than hinges and can carry a drill full of ores.

4. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I completely agree. I've got a rover-type small-grid miner with rotating drill arms, each having three drills. Only when the drills are nearly full will the rotors no longer lift, and that's leaving them at their default torque settings. I haven't fully tested small-grid hinges. Not so with the large-grid rotors and hinges.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.