Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

SE Toolbox dead forever?

Discussion in 'General' started by TenshouYoku, Aug 27, 2019.

1. TenshouYoku Apprentice Engineer

Apparently due to the 23/8 economy update, Midspace declared that he couldn't find a way to repair the currently broken SE Toolbox, and thereby declared SE Toolbox is dead forever.

This is both saddening and worrying. For practically every scenario builder or just repairing worlds, SE Toolbox is an invaluable tool in doing things that are impossible or inefficient in-game, and it's apparent permanent death means we will lose such a powerful weapon for eternity. It also means things such as changing armor or in-depth check of items/grids is no longer possible.

Is there a way/plan where we can have an equally useful tool as a replacement so far?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Roxette Senior Engineer

It just needs somebody with sufficient time, energy and programming skill to take over and update it. There would be a lot of work involved, and there would be little or no reward for it all, other than the thanks and good wishes of the parts of the SE userbase who need and use it.

3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If it's cheap... like under $10... I wouldn't mind someone else starting from scratch and releasing a similar product in the Steam Store. Granted, they might have to get consent from Keen for usage of some assets.

4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I really liked SE Toolbox, too. Very, very useful. RIP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thrak Junior Engineer

Rexxar has mentioned working on this on the Torch Discord. My impression is that it's some heavy lifting (my phrase) because of the latest changes made by Keen.

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I especially liked that I could convent heavy armor to light armor, and vice-versa, as well as many of its other features. I certainly hope someone with the right talents will update this very useful tool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff there is a way that you could still do the armor swap using SET, but would probably be time consuming..roll SE back to a version where SET works paste in your ship convert it save the ship/world then update SE to it's current version. Again lots of work but if it was a real need may be the route to take. :)

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, I figured that would be a fix...assuming, of course, that the newer map will even load using the older version... ;)

9. SultonMRP Trainee Engineer

Do to incompatibility issues with Economy Release, In order to use SE Toolbox with Space Engineers you are required to roll back to version 1.191

In order to roll back, right-click Space Engineers on steam then select Properties then goto BETA Tab and change to 1.191 and press close. Once Steam changes to 1.191 you will need to create a new world as current ones will not be compatible. You can now place your blueprint (any new blocks beyond 1.191 will not be placed). Save the world and exit Space Engineers and start SE Toolbox to do any changes you need to do, since the current installation of Space Engineers is 1.191 SE Toolbox will functions normally.

10. Roxette Senior Engineer

You can do a lot with just simple text stream editing tools, search and replace etc.

11. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

Yesterday's hotness: SEToolBox
    Today's hotness: Notepad++

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Nah Note++ been used way to often by people who change one line in a .sbc from another mod and then consider themselves modders. :woot:

13. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Now wait just one doggone minute there, bub! I resemble that remark!!

14. Roxette Senior Engineer

Yeah, real modders do that shit with sed and awk. ^.^

15. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff is okay to change it up, but I don't think you go around bragging you are a modder. :)
    I have just seen way to many that wear that hat so to speak.
    I am the same, I have a few things on the workshop that I have tweaked the code a little, I do not claim to be a modder though. ;)