Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Setting Ownership of enemy ships in a few clicks?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by _alphaBeta_, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. _alphaBeta_ Trainee Engineer

So I've pirated a few enemy ships and I'm finding on [1.188.105] that I only need to hack a single block that has a terminal to gain access to the terminal window of the enemy grid. From there I just select all and set ownership to me for everything else on the ship. Uh, that's it? I don't remember it being that easy, but I've been away from the game for awhile. I left off that each block would need to be hacked individually, with special care given to cargo blocks so they don't lose their contents during the hacking process (grind them too far). Was this changed at some point?

The other possibility is I have a game setting on that I don't want to have on, but I can't find anything related to this. All my admin controls (alt+F10) are unchecked for creative mode during survival etc. I did note in the ownership assignment portion of the control panel that "space pirates" are a "dead" faction. Does this play a role with me being able to take over blocks so easily? Anyway to adjust this?

This was a new star system survival game started on [1.188.104] with experimental mode on.

2. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I’ve always had to hack each block. I’ll try it again as you’ve described and see if this occurs.

3. _alphaBeta_ Trainee Engineer

Thanks for checking. Seems like a bug worthy of reporting, but at this point we might as well confirm others are seeing this and we're not missing a setting or feature etc.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

And is odd that the Pirate Faction would be listed as a Dead Faction. I am currently at work so can't go test this on my side anytime soon. :( But keeping an eye on this if others can confirm before I can try. :)

5. AlfieUK4 Trainee Engineer

AFAIK any faction that has no active members gets the (dead) tag in the ownership list, SPRT and SPID block ownerships are always listed like that in SE Toolbox for instance.

Someone also raised this issue on Reddit. After initially thinking it was NPC mod-related I had the chance the run some tests and it is easily reproducible in Vanilla as well.

I've raised a formal bug report at https://support.keenswh.com/spaceen...grid-through-a-single-hacked-or-unowned-block and cited the original Reddit post and this thread for reference.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.