Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Small Grid Driller gets trippy

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Reichstar, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Reichstar Trainee Engineer

I've built numerous small grid ships, both via Blueprint and from scratch, that either right away or after some use will be completely unusable. The ship either rubberbands to the ground, drives itself all over the place, sometimes doesn't seem to be a real grid at all, or only some components appear to exist. When the ship is created, and you hear the engines fire up after attaching batteries, all the ships engines are rotating and working. Then later, you can look at the ship and everything is stopped. Dead. But you can partially control it. So many funky things going on it's hard to explain. Do I have bad game files or something?

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

Nope, these are all normal things in Space Engineers. Deal with it like all the other players have had to since 2015 when broken planets were added by mistake to a working asteroid based game.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Neurosplash Trainee Engineer

If you are playing the Xbox one version with the gamepad sometime when you open the control panel in your ship you can moove by mistake a bit of the "thrust override", it has to be "disabled" or your ship will not rise.

4. Roxette Senior Engineer

OK, that's interesting, but it should be reported to Keen as a(nother) bug in the Xbox user interface, if it has not been done already.

5. Reichstar Trainee Engineer

I'm tryin to deal with it, that's for sure. Just sucks to have to grind down perfectly good ships over and over. I'm on PC Neuro but I appreciate it!

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

It could be a multiplayer issue if you're playing on a server. I mostly play single-player and I can say without exception that I've never had that happen. Of course, it could also be a Xbox issue...or both...or neither. Take your pick.