Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Small grid welder range is 1X1X1 block only

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by noobymcnoobcake, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. noobymcnoobcake Apprentice Engineer

Small grid welders have been almost completely broken, they only repair a single small grid block right at the tip of the welder. They are practically unusable for anything now.

Reproduction Rate: 10 out of 10

Affected Version: 1.186.202

Reproduction steps:
    Try welding anything with a small grid welder

Observed behavior:
    Welds 1X1X1 block only

Expected behavior:
    Should be welding the area it was before this major update

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7
  2. Spaceman Spiff Apprentice Engineer

I have the same problem, so I switched to large ship welders (which stilll work properly). However, I’m now getting randomly exploding blocks while welding. It’s kind of exciting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sibz Apprentice Engineer

Same issue. Started easy start world (Creative). Pasted in a small welding ship. Tried to weld the projected wheeled vehicle. Had difficulty because I had to literally touch each block I wanted to weld. and I couldn't always do so - some blocks covered others, and some blocks I could not get to underneath. Where as before the update it was all possible.

4. throttled829 Trainee Engineer

Came here looking for this exact thing. Same issue. Zero range on small ship welders. Have to actually touch the block with the welder for it to weld.

They also seem to have an issue pulling parts from storage containers on a small ship and not using the conveyor system. Odd thing is, if I move a small amount into one of the welders, the welders use that small amount and then begin pulling additional items needed from the storage container. However, once the supply in the storage container gets used up and I resupply the container, the issue repeats and I have to reintroduce the storage container to the welders by moving some items directly into the welders first.

5. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

I am hoping the devs will address this very soon. they stated in a prev post that it works as intended which I'm hoping for sake this is not the case. I'm sure others are too. please put it back to 3x3.

6. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

7. Sinbad Senior Engineer

you know what would be neat? a range slider. i can see the 1x1x1 range being useful for 3D scan style printers, but we still need a larger range for most other applications. maybe tie power use to range as well? i wont speculate as to what the upper end of the range could be, but i would like to see it at least what it was before.

8. mshiltonj Trainee Engineer

Registered for the forum so I can comment on this issue. Small ship welder is useless. I literally have to scrape along the side of a wall, slowly, to do anything. It's very frustrating. The only benefit of using a small ship welder is reducing the inventory trips. And sometimes I just weld by hand because having to pilot a small ship like a scalpel is irritating. Please change the welder radius to a 3x3 grid in front of the welder tip, as nature intended. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. xScruffers Trainee Engineer

The small ship welder is borderline unusable now. You need to be touching the block you want to weld. I use small, nimble welding ships to assemble large ships or buildings. This change has made doing anything with small ship welders a significant chore. It is now to the point where I'm looking for mods because the vanilla mechanic is extremely annoying.

On top of that I have noticed some blocks randomly exploding when welding. It seems to happen occasionally when the welder makes contact with a block, which is nigh unavoidable at this point.

10. Sibz Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  11. throttled829 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zhiila Tester Staff

It's reported and it will be fixed soon, we just need to wait for another change in the game code to be implemented, so we can implement this as well.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 5
  13. noobymcnoobcake Apprentice Engineer

It seems this bug has still not been fixed - Any news on the fix?

14. Spaceman Spiff Apprentice Engineer

Perhaps with the next update.

15. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I just wanted to confirm, this is already fixed on 1.187.

I just retested it, you can check it here.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.