1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

The game broke :(

Discussion in 'General' started by am1damaru, Aug 12, 2020 at 21:33.

1. am1damaru

am1damaru Trainee Engineer

Hi people. Weird stuff started happening in engineers. I read it this morning and it looks like my textures are stretched. Those. some black things went straight into the sky and the juteo sagged the FPS, and when you fly up to them everything disappeared.

Now some of the textures are not loaded. For example, saws at the cutter, atmospheric boosters and cutting turrets. I threw screenshots. Maybe someone knows what the bullshit is. I have an integrated graphics card. AMD Ryzen 3200G.

And there was also an error that one of the objects did not load. See the log file

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020 at 21:50
  2. captainbladej52

captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

I don't see the issue you're talking about save possibly in the middle photo. It looks like the textures themselves have failed to load. If you're only running an integrated graphics card, then you are below the minimum specs required to run the game. In other words this means your computer is not powerful enough to properly run the game. If a graphics card or onboard graphics cannot load an object, or is having a really hard time loading said object, you will experience some of the issues you've described such as massive frame rate drops. As certain parts of a computer get pushed to their limits they will stutter. Quite simply put you don't have the specs to run the game and you need a better graphics card. Not trying to be rude but simply being honest.

3. am1damaru

Well, I've been playing for a month now and there were no problems. Only yesterday such bugs appeared. The game files may be damaged. The video card passes the minimum requirements.

4. captainbladej52

From a technical standpoint a couple of things need to be clarified before I can help you as you've given some conflicting information in your most recent reply. In your original post you stated you had an integrated graphics card, yet in your second post you state you have a video card. That may seem like a nitpick but from a technical standpoint, integrated graphics is not the same thing as having a video card. A video card is a dedicated component independent of the motherboard like a the card below in the link: https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce...TX 2080&cm_re=GTX_2080-_-14-487-465-_-Product

The link I gave there is an example of a video card. Integrated graphics just like it sounds, is a graphics chip that is integrated to the motherboard itself and is not meant to provide the power of a dedicated graphics card, but provide basic graphic functionality. In your original post you said you were on integrated graphics, yet in the second post you said you had a video card. At this point I must ask, can you please post your specs so I can see exactly what you're working with? Depending on what you have it can still be technical as there have been some issues with AMD chips and such recently. Could be something like that here or something else.

Also assuming it's an integrated chip that's not powerful enough, the fact that you were able to run it for a month wouldn't mean anything. It would just mean up to that point, the chip hadn't encountered something it couldn't handle until that point. I do legitimately want to help you if possible. I honestly hope it's just a miscommunication and me not understanding you correctly, but we will see.

5. am1damaru

I have a built-in video card, but I'm just talking about it as an ordinary one, because I'm not used to it. :)

[​IMG]

In the morning today I started it and everything is fine, and after lunch I went outside, and the computer did not go into sleep mode and did not leave Steam. After I came, I started it and immediately threw it out with an error, and at the second start it hung. After a reboot, it seems normal. Previously, this was not noticed. :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020 at 19:49
  6. captainbladej52

I haven't had a chance to reply to this for a few days (RL aggro) so my apologies on that. Now that you've provided the info on the graphics I've got some good news and I've got some bad news. The good news is we know what the issue is. Bad news is unfortunately, like I suspected your graphics chip is below the minimum specs required for the game and is not strong enough to run it. Space Engineers requires a Geforce 750 or a Radeon R9 270x at a bare minimum to play. I took the time to compare your graphics chip to the minimum required cards to run the game.

Compared to the Geforce 750, the 750 is around 179% faster and more powerful than your Radeon Vega 8. Compared to the Radeon R9 270x, the 270x is roughly 239% more powerful than your Radeon Vega 8. So unfortunately you are in fact below the minimum specs required to play the game and your rig is not powerful enough with just the Radeon Vega 8.

7. am1damaru

Thanks for the help. I don't believe the 750 is 179% better.

8. SirConnery

SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

If you have an integrated graphics chip I'd be surprised if it's only 179% faster.

9. captainbladej52

I know it's not what you want to hear but I'm sure you would rather me blunt and tell you straight out than to sugarcoat it. Believe me I wish I had better news, I honestly do, but the truth is what it is. All you need is a dedicated graphics card that's stronger than the minimum requirements. You can get a 10 series card for pretty cheap right now in fact. If you have cash and need/want help finding a video card if you're running a desktop, or a stronger laptop if you're running a laptop, I will gladly help you find one. You're welcome to look up the parts for yourself on the various comparison sites out there like I did, and if I missed something then by all means I'll gladly retract/amend the previous statement.

Was a couple of different benches I saw. Lowest was 80% and highest around 225%. the 179% was the middle estimate I had seen. Like I said above, if the benches I found were in error then by all means I'll amend the claim. At the very least the Vega 8 was well below the minimum requirements.