Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The Winners of the Creation Contests have been announced!

Discussion in 'Creation Contests' started by George.Mamakos, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. George.Mamakos Apprentice Engineer

Dear Engineers!
    The time to announce the winners of our Creation Contests has finally come!

Before proceeding with the announcement, we would like first to apologize for the big delay and all the confusion that was created during the voting period. As you may know, due to some technical issues that we experienced with the voting caused the postponement of our final decision. So, as the least thing that we can do to fix this we decided to offer two small gifts for all participants: a) one Steam key for Medieval Engineers that you can use either for yourself or gift it to a friend in case that you already own the game, b) Space Engineers Prints is offering a $5 discount coupon which can be used for ordering small ship prints or for any collectible item (details will be provided individually through email).

All the members of our team would like to thank everyone for participating in this contest. Choosing the best creation of each category was very hard, since there were many entries that stood out, but unfortunately we had to pick only a few as the winners. We decided that the best option for doing that would be if the Keen Software House members will vote for the best entries according to their criteria and experience – this was anyway the request by the majority of the participants. Last but not least, we want to thank Nvidia for providing the Graphic Cards for this contest.

So, the winners of each category are:

Level Design

1) Entry #32 - Game of Stones (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=349104880)
    2) Entry #19 – Aftermath (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=347121035)
    3) Entry #20 - Escape from the mining station (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340853874)
    4) Entry #25 - Lionel's Mission (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=348366950)

Fan Fiction

1) Story #1 – Ishmael (http://pastebin.com/8BhinF7r)

HQ Screenshots

1) Screen #8 (http://i.imgur.com/p4QGt4z.jpg)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  2. LookUsArts Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much the opportinuty for be a part of this contest and congratulation for the winners they deserved it. I already belived we are forgotten, but I`m glad to not. :D Once more big congratutation for the winners, and cheers the booby-prize. :cool:

Cino

3. Latsabb Senior Engineer

Man. Meat is going to be pissed.

4. Hawthorn Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Ermagerd, I won something (Ishmael was mine!)

In all seriousness, though, I thought this contest had disappeared. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised. My regards and thanks to Keen!

5. peso Trainee Engineer

6. marek_rosa Developer Staff

Congratz!

7. galacticon Apprentice Engineer

Congrats everyone!!

8. Wombats Junior Engineer

Thank you for the key! Very excited to try the new game. Congratz to all the winners!

9. fabricator77 Apprentice Engineer

Finally a result, and the people who made good content won. Special congrats to Saturax.CZ who I was talking to via PM during the contest, as he did poorly in the voting.

I think I counted 10 entires for the level design comp, that deserved to win something. With only 4 prizes it was always going to be disappointing. Can't remember what I liked out of the HQ screenshots and stories.

Heh, it kind of is if you don't have a DirectX 11 card, not much that can be done about that.
    As for the $5 off 3d printing, expires in 10 days, useless to me (for various reasons).

Question for Keen, are you thinking about including any of this content (winning or otherwise) in the game ? Or instead making your own content.
    I've already donated 20% my level as separate Exploration items.

10. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

Thank you Keen!

It was a wild interesting ride and in the end came down to keen which was what the community wanted. I am glad it is now at a conclusion and congrats to all that won.

Fan Fiction
    Hawthorn's story was great and well deserved.

HQ Screenshots
    I voted for that one. Screenshot #8 is one that could be box art or a poster on the wall.

Level Design
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  11. Petard Trainee Engineer

Congratulations to the winners! Well deserved!

12. Blako Apprentice Engineer

Nicely Done

13. Shinzo Trainee Engineer

Nice. Congrats!

14. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Well done to everyone who took the time to put an entry in.

Also, best Indie developers out there...

15. Exvalid Trainee Engineer

Not sure if this counts but this is my creation so far i got all the pistons to work together without glitch and and it drilled right through the astoroid im parked on. i just drilled the edge to be safe. :)

16. Helaton Apprentice Engineer

What does it do? Aside from dooming the galaxy to the depths of clang with all those landing gears?

[​IMG]
    Please o merciful Clang, wreck the other guy's ship.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.