Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Thrusters to weak?

Discussion in 'Balancing' started by Sagi, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sagi Apprentice Engineer

So whenever we make a craft even very small ones it always suprises me just how many thrusters we really need to give the damn thing some stability...

I think thrusters should be way more powerfull.

Perhaps a good balance would be that thrusters are more powerfull but are less fuel efficient when the give more and more power.
    This would create that placing more thrusters would make the vehicle more energy friendly, but more thrusters are not neccesarly needed to get a stable aircraft.

2. odizzido Junior Engineer

That's an interesting idea

3. Aguycalledhaney Trainee Engineer

interesting concept. Personally I'm super happy with where zero-G thrust capability is, and I'm pretty sure atmospheric thrusters are already far more powerful from a physics viewpoint than they should be. I can get a milliin kilos floating in the air with the equivalent of six 747 engines, which is a leeeeeettle silly.

Have you tried the aerodynamics mod? That's a fairly efficient way to get lots of metal in the air quickly... I would love to see official support along those lines.

4. Kira Apprentice Engineer

I know right? I run a 4x thruster mod and it feels much better

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.