Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Tool] Beta - Put any image on your LCD screens without mods - an Image to Monospace conversion tool

Discussion in 'Programming Guides and Tools' started by Luchs, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Luchs Trainee Engineer

Hi folks!

I'll keep it short and sweet: I've put together a small tool that converts (almost) any image to the corresponding Monospace-Font pixel string - and therefore makes it easy to get pictures on LCD screens in game without the need of any mods. I was looking for something like this, but couldn't find anything, so I gave it a try myself.

All you do is take an image, resize/crop, convert - paste it to LCD screen in game (which should have the Monospace font on 0.1 font size) - and you're done!

Here's a video of it in action:

You can, of course, download a copy. (I noticed that when I tested the download myself Chrome found it 'suspicious' and required an extra click; not sure why. It's a standard .NET 4.6 WinForms app - if you want to gut it with a a .NET reflector be my guest, it'll be on Github soon anyway).

Feedback is always appreciated; I haven't spent any time figuring out actual image sizes for anything but a large ship wide lcd (so if you feel like doing that... I'll happily add the numbers and selections if someone were to provide them). I'll see if I can get some feedback of any sort first, and do plan to toss this on Github shortly.

Enjoy!

Regards,
    ~Luchs

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Roxette Senior Engineer

This is so much easier than the jenky PoS I made to do the same thing last year... new tool \o/ Thanks

3. Kham Apprentice Engineer

This is excellent. Very useful to save having to make up SBC files just to add a single image to a single screen. Thanks for sharing! :)

4. dirzi Trainee Engineer

Thank You, Sir! It's very useful especially considering the limitations in 20 pictures, which can be added in the usual way...

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

now the real question is what to display? :)

I know those lcd paintings in system shock 2! :D
    [​IMG]

6. Robert Catterall Trainee Engineer

Now I Can have space News, great tool dude thanks
    [​IMG]

7. Lord Wraith Apprentice Engineer

Lovely and simple, perfect for the like of me, THANK YOU!!!!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.