1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[Tool] SESM - Space Engineers Server Manager

Discussion in 'Modding Guides and Tools' started by scipio, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. scipio

scipio Apprentice Engineer

Hello everyone,

I present you my little project :

[​IMG]

Space Engineers Server Manager (SESM for friends)

It allow you to manage via a web interface your space engineers server(s). You can create a server, edit it's configuration, start/stop/restart it, manage the in-game administrator, banned list and all other server properties. You can also give right to other user to do the same.

NEW : V4 !!

Current Version : 4.0.2

Current Feature :

- Create Servers on the fly
    - Edit Server configs online
    - Manage/Create/Delete/Download
    - Manage Users
    - Upload Thursday updates through web
    - Ressource usage Statistics (WIP)
    - Totaly automatic SE Updates
    - Automatic Periodic backup
    - SE Server Extender Support
    - Web File manager
    - Granular Permission System

Project Wiki : https://bitbucket.org/remygrandin/sesm-public/wiki/Home

Bug Tracker : https://bitbucket.org/remygrandin/sesm-public/issues

[​IMG]
    More pictures here :

Installation guide :

First things first, a little disclaimer :

This software is highly experimental and is provided "as-is". I am not responsible for any save-lose/software/hardware dommages resulting of the usage of this software. You use it at you own risk !!!

You can use the autotmated installer (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) : https://bitbucket.org/remygrandin/sesm-public/downloads/SESMInstaller.exe
    - or -
    The manual installation guides is now on the wiki : https://bitbucket.org/remygrandin/sesm-public/wiki/Installation_Guides

Some of you suggested me to put a donate button for those who would want to support the project
    So, if you like SESM and want to support it you can :

[​IMG]

This is totally optional as SESM is and will stay free

I'm sorry in advance for any bug or spelling mistakes (I'm a frenchy, english is not my native languange, sry ...) you might find.

Don't hesitate to point them up in this topic or (preferably) on the project bug tracker (see above). I also take gladly any constructive remark and every feature request :)
    If you want to participate in the project, contact me by PM.

Last of all, this project is under the MIT licence, so you can do pretty much what you want with it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. scipio

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  3. scipio

Updating to V1.1

Changelog :
    - Corrected some spelling mistakes
    - Changed compilation to release
    - Corrected a bug when trying to move a non-existing server

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  4. Vellai

Vellai Trainee Engineer

Nice! i will give it a shot later today.

5. scipio

Thanks ! Don't hesitate to tell me if you have any issues/problems durring the installation phase, i haven't been able to test it on more than 3 different server actualy ^^

6. scipio

Updating to V1.2

Changelog :
    - Added the map upload ability
    - Added a message when there is no server available for the current user
    - Some cleanup

7. scipio

Updating to V1.3

Changelog :

- Added global setting managment for super Admins
    - Added Binaries Upload
    - Added Log viewer
    - Reinforced map upload

8. Spartan322

Spartan322 Apprentice Engineer

9. scipio

Yes, i've seen this project and it look awesome. Nevertheless, i have still a lot to do on SESM (especially documentation :D).

Although I'm a bit supprise and nearly disapointed by the lack of responses/comments on my thread, I would like to "finish" all my planned feature before starting to help on another project :comp:.

10. Spartan322

Spartan322 Apprentice Engineer

Kind of meant when you finish this but either way this looks awesome. I really do wonder when the full modding capabilities will come into SE.

11. scipio

me too, me too :crazy:

12. scipio

Updating to V1.4

- Added the kill option
    - Upgraded the users manager

13. nate1380

nate1380 Trainee Engineer

hey scipio,

This took looks pretty sweet. I've installed everything and have it running, however when I try to enter multiple banned steam user ids I get this:

Code:
    [FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]   System.Number.ParseUInt64(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) +734   SESM.Tools.ServerConfigHelper.ParseIn(ServerViewModel model) +670   SESM.Controllers.ServerController.DetailsSave(Nullable`1 id, ServerViewModel model) +3087   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +170   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +242   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +39   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +12   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +139   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +112   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass48.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__41() +452   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass48.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__41() +452   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass48.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__41() +452   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass48.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__41() +452   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +37   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +241   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +19   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +51   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +111   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

how should multiple ids be entered?

14. scipio

Yeah, sorry, i forgot to mention it (I really should add tooltip to those field)

You must use semi-colon ( ; ) to separate ids in those fileds

ex : 1133123123;4234234234234;234234234234

Sorry for the trouble, i will add security check to better "inform" the user

15. scipio

Sorry for the wait guys, my broadband connexion has gone haywire ...

Update to V1.5
    - Adapted the configuration manager for 01.038
    - Global spellcheck, Big Thanks to nate1380 !
    - Standardisation of all the pages, now they look a little better ^^
    - Added on click validation for all forms, sould help users and reduce server load
    - A lot of code refactoring, will help the future developpement

16. jboss38

jboss38 Trainee Engineer

Wow nice !

This is perfect ! and f*cking awesome !

lot of people sould use that :p

Or is this so difficulte to install ? You sould add some screenshoot on how installation software maybe.

Here some ideas too:

- Add a plugins control (Add/delete plugins/mod on server)
    - Add server Status (Max Player on each side of server list and current live player)
    - Possible to add kick/ban player with the "Connected player list"?

hm what else ?

More ideas will coming soon !

ps: i'm french too :)

EDIT: got a question: i can't START a server, my dedicated patch are here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\" is this cause any problem ?
    I don't get any error but the server just wont launch.

17. scipio

Thanks, i try to do my best on this project !

Thanks for the ideas, i will look into it, but for the third one, the kick ban, it's currently impossible while using the vanilla server, it may be possible when (and it's comming :) ) it will use server extender

18. scipio

V1.6

- Changed some permission for the manager class, separating it better from the admin class
    - Resolved Issue #2
    - Corrected a bug in the game file upload proceadure

19. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Trainee Engineer

I got this tool running I can use the webpage all i want but, it won't start the server. I created one and when i hit start nothing happenes the status icon its a red x. Can you help me troubleshoot?

20. scipio

V1.6.5

- Corrected the managers' permission

21. scipio

yeah, if you can wait 'till the evenig, i'm currently making a diagnosis tool to help figure out this kind of problems, so stay tunned !

22. mpcom

mpcom Trainee Engineer

Hi,

the Checkbox "Enable copy &paste" ist always activ after save config.

23. lazerlee

lazerlee Apprentice Engineer

Scipio you sir are a legend :thumb:

24. wattz

wattz Trainee Engineer

Anyone kind enough to set this up for me over teamviewer please ? ,i have the SQL express installed etc just my noobness cant get my head around the instructions,for example

wheres the pool ? lol ,And the deploy download has a rar file inside when downloaded and unrar'd what do i do with that ? do i just drop it all in the site folder or unrar that into it as well ? seems like a great application but it seriously needs a noob friendly guide :(

25. FuzzyThor

Ok look forward to your update.

One thing for C:\SpaceEngineers\ folder do i have the entire game in there like bin bin64 and dedicated server or is it just the server files.

Move c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\

To c:\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64\ -server files in subfolder

or
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64\
    To
    c:\SpaceEngineers\ = c:\DedicatedServer64\ -server files in main folder

26. FuzzyThor

The applicationpool is in the IIS manager. the deploy will be unzipped anywhere it just adds the files need for the webpages to SESM once everything else is done you run the cmd file with /Y in a command prompt

27. wattz

wattz Trainee Engineer

i use IIS7.5 for my sites currently ,the application pool doesn't need to be done for 7.5 as it is automatic ?

*edit

ok seems its trying to use 2.0 instead of 4.0 any idea how i change this ?

i have read this https://forums.asp.net/t/1725208.aspx?+Net+4+0+web+app+does+n+run+on+iis+7+5 but man it spins me out :woot:

28. FuzzyThor

What os you using 7, 8?
    And is it pro or higher not home

29. wattz

wattz Trainee Engineer

IIS 7.5 express ,managed to get my head round that part now :) i have managed to change it the 4.0 pool etc but the part where i add the line to the webconfig do i add it to very bottom of it ?

30. FuzzyThor

That line is already in there the only thing you change is MyPassword to the password you setup for sql setup in mixed mode.

On line 13
    Code:
    <add name="DataContext" connectionString="Server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Database=SESM;User Id=sa;[B]Password=MyPassword[/B];MultipleActiveResultSets=true;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.