Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Tunnelsystem

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by bleakhead, Nov 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    I play in survival mode and have 15H playtime in medieval engineers.
    Yesterday I gathered some copper with a shovel. As I digging deeper, I faced, that I do not build a tunnel. It is more a big hole without ceiling and the ground wasnt quiet flat. It is more like a moon surface, very difficlut to walk through.

How can I build great tunnel?

PS: Voxelhand is not available in survival mode.

regards,
    bleakhead

2. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Welcome bleakhead!

By just digging with the shovel or pickaxe you can make tunnels just by being careful how you dig. You'll find pickaxes are a little more accurate in most cases. However, if you want to improve your mine, it's always possible to add some blocks. All mines in Medieval Engineers start out as holes in the ground. If there is not much ore then it will probably remain a hole in the ground. If you find a large deposit of ore then your mine will grow as you continue to dig and then you'll have room to improve it. Keep in mind that you may also want to build with stone as a resource. You can often combine your ore mine with your stone quarry giving you a reason to build a larger subterranean structure. It's all up to your imagination.

One thing to consider, giant holes in the ground increase the size of your world on your hard drive. In singleplayer this is usually not a problem. If you carve out space for a huge underground village in multiplayer, it will increase the loading time for players.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.